Getting all of my calories

Options
I started doing the IPOARM and I find it really hard to eat the 1800 calories that I had calculated using the IPOARM method without going over in carbs. I'm in college so I don't have much of a selection of healthy choices to eat. I've read suggestions on the forum about eating more meat and vegetables but it still is quite difficult to do.

My diary is not open but I just would like to see some suggestions on what to do or how to eat the 1800 calories with a limited selection of choices. My macronutrients are also set to 40% Carb, 30% Fat, and 30% Protein if that helps.

Replies

• DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    eat more foods that had a mother
  • 120N2013
    Options
    I do try to get as much meat as possible and on the days I lift weights I try to get a fruit smoothie with a protein boost (since getting protein is another problem for me). By dinner however, i'm not hungry and feel full and bloated.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    It took me a week or two to get used to it. You will learn how to do it, don't worry. I still have issues with getting the protein in, so I have started making sure that I get a protein shake in at least once a day. Whether I use it as a meal replacement for a quick on-the-go breakfast or a simple recovery drink. That has helped a lot. I have also upped my normal meat serving from 4oz to 6oz, which has helped out a lot.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This made me giggle.
  • 120N2013
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions DrBroPHD and rduhlir.