10 oz. can enchilada sauce
    1 onion, chopped
    14.5 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
    3-4 C. water
    1 T cumin
    1 T chili powder
    10oz. frozen corn,
    1 can black beans, rinsed

Put all ingredients in the crock pot on low 6-8 hours.

oooh, will definitely be making this!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've done blackbean brownies- sooo good! Take a can of blackbeans, put them in a blender with just enough water to cover them(not too much- I made that mistake once, they were kinda gooey!), blend, and mix with a brownie box mix. Higher fiber, less fat. And you can't tell! So delish :)

Last week I just threw some stuff together, and I took shredded chicken, salsa, and blackbeans and used it in carb balance tortilla shells with some sour cream. oooooh my god. I was proud of myself, haha!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I used to put those on my salad at the salad bar instead of dressing.
  • lexusmarie21
    lexusmarie21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use them to make chicken chili
    1 pound chicken, boiled then shredded
    1 small can tomato sauce
    1 can black beans rinsed
    1 can hot rotel
    1 can corn-drained
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    Just mix everything together and simmer for about an hour. My family loves it. Makes 4 servings and only 380 calories a serving.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up onion, saute them then add black beans and corn. LOVE it. Make sure to rinse anything thats been canned. Gets rid of the extra salt
  • sanna104
    sanna104 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This recipe is from the cookbook- The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen. Have made it a number of times and always get rave reviews, even from my meat eating family.

Caribbean-Style Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans

3 med Sweet potatoes ( about 6oz each) peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
    3/4 c orange juice
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 (15 oz ) can black beans rinsed and drained
    salt and pepper to taste
    3 cups cooked brown rice

In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes and enough salted water to cover to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until tender but not falling apart, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.

In the same saucepan, whisk together the orange juice, corn starch, jerk seasoning, cinnamon and cumin. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until thickened, whisking constantly about 1 minuter. Stir in the sweet potatoes, beans, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve warm over the rice.

Sometimes I skip the rice and just eat it as a stew.
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-vegetable-soup

Looks great, I am going to try tonight
  • breakfree51
    breakfree51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump, Im going to try some recipes
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum, i put them in everything,, salads, soups, stir frys,, rice .
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I put them in salads for added protein. I also make a killer vegetarian chili with them.
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    Mark Bittman's Black Bean Burgers - see recipe here (http://www.food.com/recipe/the-simplest-bean-burgers-mark-bittman-335266). They are so yummy!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just found out you can make brownies with them!

The black bean brownies are FABULOUS! I made them for book club a couple of weeks ago, and the girls asked if they could take home the leftovers. Yummy!
  • murray292
    Options
    bump.
  • losingdreamie
    Options
    bump
  • yeah_im_that_girl_
    Options
    One thing used often with black beans for us is to mix a few different ingredients.
    You take 2 zucchini,
    2 yellow squash,
    2 Minced garlic cloves,
    about one quarter to a half of an onion, White or yellow,
    a can of rotel (or any variety of red peppers and green chiles)
    and 3 large cans of black beans,
    we usually add chicken but is easily eaten without. I recently started a Pesketarian Diet and I don't eat any meat but fish so I ate it without the chicken. :)
    You take your veggies and chop them up finely and cook them in a skillet until they become a little soft, next, you take the black beans and cook them in a different pot until fully cooked, then, you take your rotel and black beans and pour them together and stir and VOILA! Finished. We serve it over white rice but there really isn't a need for the rice unless ypou are trying to stretch the meal. This feeds about 8 people.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    wow, these recipes all look awesome!
    I make a very simple black bean soup, with 3 cans beans (drained), a bottle of salsa (I like Green Mountain Gringo Hot), and a can of vegetarian broth. Just put everything into a slow cooker and let it simmer for 8 hours. Puree about 1/3. It's awesome.
    I have my own black bean chili recipe - feel free to experiment with herbs and spices on the one listed here, which sounds great.
    I am going to try some of these recipes, esp. the black bean burgers - I've always wanted to try them!
    finally, once you get used to working with them, look into cooking them from scratch - a 16 oz bag will go FAR!
  • mamaof3grlz
    Options
    bump