You win this round, MFP. (shakes fist...)

Options
I woke this morning in misery. Monthly, hormone induced misery. And I made a decision. Today is MY day. I will log my food to stay in the habit, but I will NOT care what I eat. I will eat what I want.

I made plans. Good ones. The thought of comfort in the form of chocolate, carbs, pj's, and Midol made me smile. And I started off strong. As I helped my daughter get ready for school, I grabbed 2 cookies. After dropping her off, I ran through McDonald's for breakfast. Yummiest Egg McMuffin I've had in awhile. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had two more cookies. Yummy! I ran a few errands, dreaming of Chili Cheese fries for lunch. But then lunch came, and I wasn't hungry. I was tired. So, why not wait, get those chili cheese fries AND a grilled cheese sandwich a little later? Right now, I'll get in bed, open up the windows to enjoy a nap filled with sunshine and a nice breeze. (I'm in Texas - it's still 75 here...)

I woke from my nap in time to pick my daughter up from school. Perfect - 1/2 off drinks to go along with my chili cheese fries! Score! Only, I didn't really want them anymore. I wanted a banana. So I had a banana. "I'll grab those chili cheese fries on the way to work tonight," I thought. "That way I don't have to share. "

In the meantime, I made a healthy version of one of my mom's comfort food recipes for dinner. A little hamburger meat and mushroom sauce on brown rice, and a plate pilled high with green beans. It really hit the spot. I thought to myself, "We should go get a giant ice cream cone from DQ after dinner." But then I remembered, I bought those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches the other day exactly for times like this. So I had one of those instead.

What have you done to me MFP?! In 2 weeks, you've taught me to seek comfort in things that are not food. You've taught me to NOT eat when I'm NOT hungry. You've taught me that if I wait to satisfy a craving, maybe it will go away. You've taught me to eat food that my body will appreciate, rather than ones only my mouth will enjoy. You taught me to keep a mental tally of every one of those cookies I grabbed. You made me lose 4 pounds so far. Thanks a lot, MFP! You ruined my plans!

Here I am at work now, beginning my night shift. I did drive through Sonic, but only for a Diet Coke. I never did get my chili cheese fries - I never really wanted them. Thanks to my strong start, I did go over my calories for the day - by 143. But my original plans would have put me over by 1,995 calories.

Thanks a lot MFP. You're pretty awesome. :wink:

Replies

• jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder to listen to our bodies and do all those little tricks we've learned along the way. I always need to be reminded of how well they actually do work- thank you for sharing and great job saving yourself 1700+ calories!
  • SandiHobbs
    SandiHobbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love your post, this is exactly ME on many occasions.
    x
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love this post - wonderful writing and so true - thanks for this ;-)
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know I feel a thousand times better than I did 24 hours ago :)
  • Jokingamerica12
    Jokingamerica12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How we can all relate to that !! Well done :) xx
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Been attracted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOPQc_R6Txi5sF75GhQWKGo8R-Zy7x0dxZY4Hijss2UV2BTghF
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Dang it, MFP! :mad: :grumble: :sad:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    You're my HERO! Yes, MFP has got a hold of me, too. No more mindless eating in the evening. No more golf outings with 5 or 6 beers (diet tea instead). We can do this!
  • 1aurane
    1aurane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know I feel a thousand times better than I did 24 hours ago :)

Same here ...I second that!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!! Remember this feeling. Take it with you every single day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Thanks for sharing! Good luck!!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love this story!!
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Amazing- <3 your post.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Love it!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    :smile: It's funny to now think about measuring food and seeing how much you can have. It's funny to think of everything calorie wise. Good job only going 143 over on your "I don't care" day.
  • angserino
    Options
    Love it! I can so relate!! :-)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Lol! Awesome.
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It is awful what our monthly visitor can do to us. I know this time last week, I just about had a fit because my husband did not buy me a donut at the store. I mean I really got angry, over a dang donut!

I agree without MFP and daily logging which is so easy here, that I wouldn't be so accountable for what I put in my mouth.

Good job for staying strong and waiting on those chili cheese fries.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!!!! It's happened to me too! I find myself really craving and wanting healtheir foods, even on my off days..If i have a day where I want junk, I still pretty much portion it out and try to get it in my daily goals!

Super proud of our bodies! Whoohoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!