are sugary puddings bad if low cal ?

Options
are puddings such as WeightWatchers sticky toffee pudding (174 cals per pud) that bad for you if they are low in cals and keep you within your daily allowance?

Replies

• Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define "Bad."
  • figomezzo
    Options
    yeah, I wonder what the ingredients are in something like that? I would say...they probably have a lot of crap in them. Not sure though!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't eat them because of how highly processed and full of chemicals they are. That's my definition of "bad". Depends on what yours is.
  • Lilihel
    Lilihel Posts: 53
    Options
    its probably full of sugar or sweetener...so it's bad
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    They aren't healthy but one now and then can't hurt either.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Not clean enough for me. I'm guessing the ingredient list isn't that good?
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    I agree with the others, I wonder what's in it. Just looking at the nutrition facts in the MFP database though it looks like empty carbs. Maybe try mixing some unflavored protein powder with it so it's not completely empty?

Edited to add that Weight Watchers stuff tends to be highly processed, they smack a big "3 points!!!" or whatever on the front but the devil is in the details.. or rather the ingredients list.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I just had a cupcake from the vending machine here at work.

I hope this helps.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd eat it but I just had a Creme Egg. I'm very much a IIFYM girl.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Low calories does not mean healthy or unhealthy, a lot of low calorie things are horrible for us, but then a lot of high calorie things like Almonds are great for us. Depends, are you trying to eat clean or just moderate your intake?
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Sugar = Bad.... Yes
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If by "bad" you mean "something that should not be a part of your *daily* diet," then yes, I would probably label that as bad. That is my personal preference to lean towards a clean, high protein diet.

If by "bad" you mean "having one today will wreck your progress forever and maybe even kill you," then no, it isn't that bad.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't eat them because of how highly processed and full of chemicals they are. That's my definition of "bad". Depends on what yours is.

^ this
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I would recommend staying away from anything that says "pudding" and go for things like fruit, veggies, natural things that have natural sweeteners not sucrose flavors
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define bad. Personally I think that's a lot of calories for something that is going to leave you feeling hungry 10 minutes after you finish. But I do love some sugar free pudding mixed w/a diced banana and some cool whip on occasion - for about the same # of calories as yours but much more filling w/the banana.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

^ this

Diddo. Since the beginning of the year I have been strictly eating clean and I have noticed anytime I do eat something "processed" which is most everything that come's prepackaged, I fluctuate and gain a lb or so, which then I have to work that much harder at to get back down. Not sure what your weight is, but since I am at a slightly higher weight for my height and age, I don't like to "waste" my hard workouts and sticking to clean eating.

If you have trouble kicking the "sweet" tooth I am preaching this technique!!! My Personal trainer gave me this tip and let me tell you, when I don't do it for consecutive days, generally around day 4 I am craving something sweet and if I have a bad day on day 4, I eat it!!

1 TBS a day of Coconut butter/oil.

It's not a very strong taste. He suggested it on toast but I prefer to put it in my protein shake as a light sweetener. He is a big perfectionist when it comes to nutrition. He is a body builder and was a spokes personal for weight watchers (which he still preaches the high dietary fiber foods rather than just low carb since the DF cancel out the carbs and you are intaking "net" carbs.) So I have extreme respect his nutritional advice, plus his body is.. OMG. Almost 0 body fat! No joke!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    An Aussie nutritionlist once said- if your going to eat pudding, make a real one. Just invite a lot of people around to share it.

I worry about the additives in a lot of 'diet' foods.Or any foods really.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy them and they fit in your macros then eat away. However, check out the ingredients list on those WW deserts. They're chock full of additives, stabilisers, flavourings etc. why not have a small scoop of real ice cream, e.g. Haagen daaz, which only have around 5 ingredients and around the same cals. Probably cheaper than marketed 'diet' foods too, and a lot tastier. I know what I'd rather have.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    If you can eat it and still hit your Macros for the day, then F'N go for it. Last time i checked there was no mad scientists working at Weight Watchers trying to poisen the population through sugary deserts??? in other Words. There is no such thing as Bad food. only bad choices and lack of restraint.
  • eyvindur
    eyvindur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Calories are one thing, but I think you can't really live a healthy life unless you eat proper food, and processed sugar is NOT proper food. It's a chemical.