New to MyFitnessPal!!!

Options
Hi there! My name is Courtney and I am currently trying to get motivated to start losing weight so that I can live a healthier life and be able to hopefully soon have kids. I don't really know what else to say so I guess just send me a message if you would like to chat sometime or whatever and also I am wanting to find some healthier recipes or any kind of advice that I could get on losing weight when having PCOS would be great. Take care and hop eto hear from someone soon.

Replies

• Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    I am in this thing for the long haul. I definitely want to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • citrusfamily
    citrusfamily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined today too....good luck! I have done a food journal before and lost 40 pounds in 6 months...just eat the calories it tells you, (more protein so you feel full longer)...exercise to get more calories, ( I try for 300 a day which is possible in 30 mins - start with intervals walk for 2 mins/run for one etc.) I liked the saying a heard on a financial planning show "its not magic, its math" So true...eat less than you burn..I have 5 kids and you are so smart to get healthy first...I have gone through prego both ways, healthy and with exercise and eating whatever and no exercise....not only is the pregnancy easier but your ability to deal with a newborn it sooo much better :)

Christine
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Heather, I am 30, from Winnipeg Manitoba. I also ha ve PCOS and am on a weight loss journey of my own!
  • fathalfbreed
    fathalfbreed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new here too. My name is Mike. I'm 35 with four kids. I didn't have them though. My exwife got me to sign up on this thing to help track my weight and calories. Since her and I get along, I guess this is now a compeition. So here I am. This is the first time I've ever weight over 200lbs. (204) I think my ideal weight is 175. I live in OKC and about to go to California for a couple of weeks for software training. I'll be staying 2 miles from the beach. I will be making a trip to the beach, however I already know that I don't EVEN want to take off my shirt!! SO, I plan to shed some pounds before going to Florida for the family vacation. Wish me luck.
    Thanks Mike for creating this site!
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Welcome!
    This place is great! I have been here now for a total of 10 days! and have lost 1.8kg (equals about 2lbs).
    And its all by changing the portion sizes really. I havent stopped myself having treats just proportioned it appropriately.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, that way the more support you have!!
    We all have ups and downs :)

All the best!