HELP I MAJORLY SCREWED UP

Options
I soo screwed up, we were both really hungry and in a hurry and sonic was right there, 20min later I had polished off a #3 extra long chili cheese coney dog and large tots, grrr I am so mad at myself I have been working super hard and had a nice chicken breast with salad meal planned but FI was in the mood for steak so we were going to get that but got in town and realised his show that he had been waiting to see for a month about some snakehead deadly fish was going to start in 20min. why didn't I listen to my inner self when I thought I was full after the 3rd bite? What can I do to work off what I ate tonight? Any ideas on how to fix what I did? I had just been starting to see my progress on the scale 3lbs lost

Replies

• bxdarby
    bxdarby Posts: 17
    Options
    I think you should just brush this off as a little slip, and keep stickin to your routine. There is no sense freaking out over something that already happened. Maybe during your next couple workouts just push yourself a little harder, but don't worry about it. We all slip up from time to time. You'll be fine! :o)
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Let it go...don't beat yourself up...take it as a loss...and learn from it. It happens...bumps (or hot dogs) in the road! :) Keep your chin up and redirect yourself tomorrow.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well first off did you log it in your food diary simply so you could see the total cals, carbs sodium etc etc?

Start off with drinking water like you've been in the desert for days (I almost used two s's there..:tongue: ), ok if you're going to the show, not a bad idea it'll take your mind offfa the non-productive guilt!:wink: You're probably pretty full I imagine since you probably don't typically eat like this so at the show just plan on water or take some a snack of veggies of your own.

It's getting late (don't know what coast you're on, or Country, sorry didn't look yet) but planning a longer than usual workout for tommorrow might help out not only in getting some cals burned off but help you get rid of the guilt (which there is no reason to hold too, as guilt really never does much good for us) oh and did I mention WATER WATER and more:drinker: :drinker: !??:laugh:

You'll be fine, from this I'm pretty sure you've learned more about the importance of planning ahead for meals, never allowing yourself to get too hungry (danger danger Will Rodgers!) etc etc. I know I know always we learn these things AFTER don't we, speaking for myself too!:tongue:

Get some good sleep, sleep is as important as healthy food, water and workouts!
    Becca♥
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Thank you, I know I shouldn't be that mad at myself but it was just one of those times when I wish my willpower would of kicked in. I even remember telling myself that I was full after the 3rd bite but kept eating, it sucked but boy was it good lol
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Let it go...don't beat yourself up...take it as a loss...and learn from it. It happens...bumps (or hot dogs) in the road! :) Keep your chin up and redirect yourself tomorrow.
    WOW so well said with so few words, I'm impressed!:wink::drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Well first off did you log it in your food diary simply so you could see the total cals, carbs sodium etc etc?

Start off with drinking water like you've been in the desert for days (I almost used two s's there..:tongue: ), ok if you're going to the show, not a bad idea it'll take your mind offfa the non-productive guilt!:wink: You're probably pretty full I imagine since you probably don't typically eat like this so at the show just plan on water or take some a snack of veggies of your own.

It's getting late (don't know what coast you're on, or Country, sorry didn't look yet) but planning a longer than usual workout for tommorrow might help out not only in getting some cals burned off but help you get rid of the guilt (which there is no reason to hold too, as guilt really never does much good for us) oh and did I mention WATER WATER and more:drinker: :drinker: !??:laugh:

You'll be fine, from this I'm pretty sure you've learned more about the importance of planning ahead for meals, never allowing yourself to get too hungry (danger danger Will Rodgers!) etc etc. I know I know always we learn these things AFTER don't we, speaking for myself too!:tongue:

Becca♥
    Oh the reason I asked if you logged it in is simply because when we do, no matter what we eat, to see it on paper it helps to realize how much sodium etc. is in what we ate and it sort of gives us a reality jolt.

If you enjoyed the food, good :) Bet you don't eat the same tomorrow but tonight is over and you'll pick yourself up and begin again, just like we all do:flowerforyou:
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options

Becca♥

Becca is that who I think it is on your picture? He is sooooo hottttt lmfao. He is one of the guys on my list that FI is ok about lol
  • HeatherL219
    Options

Well said!!! :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    From the looks of your diary, you probably had enough cals available today, not to mention your daily defecit on top of that, that I'm sure it won't have been an overall caloric surplus

PLUS remember, 3500 calories is a pound. Even if that was going to be a gain from that meal, which is unlikely, it will have been all of about 1/3 of a pound.

Nothing to worry too much about.

Yeah, it's bad if you do it every day, but once in a while, is no huge drama. At least you KNOW what happened and you've learned from it.
    That's a GOOD thing!

*hugs*
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Just logged it and I am like 137 over on calories and over on everything but actually have 2 remaining on protein lol .I have defiantly learned from my mistake because now I have the worst headache and since I haven't really been eating greasy foods in over a week my stomach is now feeling it too. That always happens when I go for awhile without eating anything that greasy, like when we switched from using hamburger meat to turkey and we finally had a burger a month later we were all fighting for the b-room lmao
  • bonitatica
    bonitatica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you're fine! don't get yourself down. consider that your cheat day or treat. you acknowledged the fact that the food is not good for you so next time it won't happen. i think we've all been in that situation where you missed a meal and had no other choice to but eat what was available.

just remember portion control and if possible get something that is healthy instead. but seriously don't beat yourself up. as long as you continue with your healthy eating habits and working out your weightloss will continue.

cheer up friend. you're doing great :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Becca♥

Becca is that who I think it is on your picture? He is sooooo hottttt lmfao. He is one of the guys on my list that FI is ok about lol
    YES YES AND DOUBLE YES!! HE IS SOoooooooooooooooo Fine!! Vin Diesel. mmm mmmmmmm and can you say MMMMMMMMMMMMMM? :tongue: :::drool::: I put him on my avatar so I could look at his fine self whenever I wanted, now I'll have to get a full body one so I can switch it out. lol
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't stress yourself. Some people even plan a day a week/month where they just eat what they want and go over their limits. As long as it is not regularly each day or over the whole week it's perfectly fine and you are doing great. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • bonitatica
    bonitatica Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean. i had a slice of chocolate fudge cake at a bbq this past weekend and the sugar overload made me kinda sick. but an indulgence now and again is required.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Just logged it and I am like 137 over on calories and over on everything but actually have 2 remaining on protein lol .I have defiantly learned from my mistake because now I have the worst headache and since I haven't really been eating greasy foods in over a week my stomach is now feeling it too. That always happens when I go for awhile without eating anything that greasy, like when we switched from using hamburger meat to turkey and we finally had a burger a month later we were all fighting for the b-room lmao
    Wow, see putting it on paper is sometimes a surprise I bet you thought you went way over, but 137 isn't bad at all. Plus like as shared it's 3500 to gain a lb. I wouldn't plan on weighing yourself for a few days though to allow the sodium to rid itself. lol

I totally get what you're saying about eating healthy then eating something you used to eat all the time and it making you sick. Our body knows what's healthy and trys to tell us, but guess we just never listened until now.

Becca♥
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    I swear I can't even sleep now, not because of guilt over eating it anymore but because every time I get right about to sleep, I start to get queasy and feel like I am going to well you know. and I did think it was going to be like 1500 just for the coney dog lol
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    My sister has always been in great shape but whenever I meet with her and go out for a meal she eats the most unhealthy things. I asked her how come I only ever see her eat bad things and yet she looks so good? She replied "It's because I don't go out very often so when I do I like to eat what I want. You only ever see me on those days :smile: ".

Moderation is the key. Every once and while is fine. It is only when it becomes 2 or 3 or 5 times a week you know it's a problem.

I treat my eating like a carbon foot-print; If I go out for a meal with friends I will eat what I want and then input the food on here and then the next day spend extra time in the gym working through those nasty calories, carbs etc :smile:

I don't go out often so the extra pain in the gym doesn't happen often....thankfully :laugh:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. Just resume your healthy eating and exercise today. Anything you gained from this meal will be gone in 2 days. I personally think cheat meals rev up my metabolism. That's been the case for me all along. I've always had one cheat meal every week and still managed to lose every week.