30 Day Shred feels easy

Options
I've started the 30 Day Shred, hearing that it was an intense workout.
I don't normally exercise, I maybe bike three hours a week if I'm lucky, and I breezed through those 30 minutes.
I feel like I'm doing something wrong, because everyone else I've heard says it's hard... I only do the modded exercise with pushups, all the others I do the normal version.
Am I cheating and just don't know it, or am I doing something else wrong?

Replies

• goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    The way I see it 30DS is usually taken up by people who want to lose weight and have a low fitness level (i.e. this is their first attempt at a workout DVD), therefore people saying its hard is simply down to alack of fitness, but if you're putting in 3 hours a week of cycling then you probably have a higher fitness level than most.

Level 1 is quite easy too on 30DS if you have a half decent fitness level.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It might be best to skip to level 2 or level 3 if level 1 was a breeze.
  • nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I exercise 4-7 days a week and during lent last year I completed the 30DS. I think the challenge for me wasn’t the 30 mins workout alone, it was the build-up of muscle fatigue which came with doing it EVER day for 30 days straight. I also continued my regular exercise so was really exercising 1.5hours intensely 7days a week. I plan to do it again this year come lent in preparation for my holiday to Sydney :)

Good luck continuing the program.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I thought 30DS was easy also so I skipped level one and did level 2 for 15days and level 3 for 15 days in addition to my normal workout routine. Def made a difference
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of using heavier weights? :happy:
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of using heavier weights? :happy:

This.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If all levels of 30DS feel too easy even with heavier dumbbells, try Ripped in 30. My fitness level is pretty good, but Ri30 is a killer.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Or just go straight into the Insanity workout. Never heard anybody say that's easy. Mostly they just say stuff like 'That $@#% is bananas :devil:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Skip to level 2
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Heavier weights and skip to level 2. It will get harder after a few days in a row. If it doesnt try insanity. OUCH!
  • nmullins81
    nmullins81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was pretty out of shape when I started 30DS and thought level one was pretty easy the first time I did it. The next day it didn't feel that it was so easy. I also quickly needed to up my weights. Then once I finished it, I used the various workouts when I didn't have a lot of time or was feeling lazy- because I knew what to do and it was all set up, I just had to hit play on the DVD.
  • banana47
    banana47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1 30 day shed, how do I enter this in my diary? Is it equal to circuit, 30 minutes? Look forward to feedback.
  • bmi20SE
    bmi20SE Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1 30 day shed, how do I enter this in my diary? Is it equal to circuit, 30 minutes? Look forward to feedback.

im planning on starting it on the 4th of february, just because i will complete my 30 days excercise challenge on the 3rd.

But I would like to know the same thing
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 200 lbs and didn't think it was that hard either. I modified pushups to wall pushups because of a previous chest injury. I can't do pushups. It gets a little harder the more days in a row you do it.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

It's not a full 30 minutes though. I always logged as 20, I didn't count warm ups and stretching at the end. The total video I used was 27 minutes. I started using a HRM though and that's the best.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

im planning on starting it on the 4th of february, just because i will complete my 30 days excercise challenge on the 3rd.

But I would like to know the same thing

I googled it and someone said it was same as circuit training - 20mins = 170 cals burned approx :) hope this helps -just add it as your own exercise, call it what you want and log those cals for an idea.
    ps I'm on day 6 of level 1 and finding it relatively easy (I have been jogging for months though), will move onto level 2 in next few days :)
    Have fun!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    move faster, push harder, try real push ups, use heavier weights. All exercise is about how much you put in. you don't have to go the same speed as they do on the video.
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    I just finished it (before I broke my toe) and started over with heavier weights, doing all the hardest versions of the exercises and using INTENSITY and INTENTION, which made it a challenge again. I wasn't dying, but I definitely felt it
  • JackieHJ
    Options
    Alright, thanks for all the responses :) I'll see what level 2 and heavier weights will do for me.
  • spanky826
    spanky826 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Insanity is bananas...but once you get past that first week...you feel great!!!!