Crossfit

sipe1980
sipe1980 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have started working out at a Crossfit gym. Does anyone know how to log the "WOD"? work outs of the day? Most of the workouts are a combination of strength and cardio training. For example:

5 rounds of the following for time:

20 pullups
30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 squats

3 minute rest between rounds. I tried to log this in but doesn't recognize the cardio involved.

Anyone on here also participate in Crossfit and has advice on logging the exercise properly?

Replies

• louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    You could enter it as circuit training-general. That is on there.
    Or use a heart rate moniter and manually enter a new workout with cals spent in your database.
    :happy:
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    I'd probably log it as calisthenics- vigorous effort. Since you're doing reps of sit-ups, etc.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    I LOVE CrossFit! I used to have my own CrossFit Gym. I use a HRM and added CrossFIt as an exercise. That's the best way to do it because the WODs are always different. Good Luck!
  • atronstad
    atronstad Posts: 23
    Heart rate monitor is the way to go. Make sure to get one that calculates calories. BodyBugg works too but more$$. Love CrossFit!

I typically log all my exercise as cardio and use my heart rate monitor for my time and cals burned, regardless if I'm doing strength or cardio. Need to get the exercise cals figured into my food log!
This discussion has been closed.