BMI Visualizer

Options
Take this with a grain of salt because everyone's body is different, but I thought this may help people who have no idea what to fill in for their goal weight. i did notice that when ilooked visually i wanted a much lower BMI than was healthy. I think that shows my idea of healthy is very skewed. Anyways, fun to paly with this link and figure out what you want from your body.

http://www.bmivisualizer.com/en/body_masses/get_data

Replies

• Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    that is so coool :D
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    neat site.
  • pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is very cool! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    That was neat!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Very cool! thanks!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well according to this and the way I want to look my goal weight just went down another 5 lbs. So now I need to lose 17 lbs instead of 12.
  • FuchsiaKF
    Options
    Love this!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That is horrendous. When I slide the adjuster along to an image I actually like, it stands at 55 kg for me - which would be hugely anorexic and dangerously underweight. I like the idea, but think with so much variation on body shapes and fitness levels, it lacks in realism.

Much prefer this site:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

Real people with real body shapes :-)
  • retheim
    Options
    that was very good thanks for sharing have decided i need to lose 6 stone now not 4 gosh how long will that take, forever probably will i live that long?
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That was neat! Thanks for posting!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. It is funny how we see "a healthy weight" and what it should look like. I had the bar as far left as I could take it and thought, yes, this looks good and what I would want to look like. Then I looked at the weight .... 89 lbs!!!!

It does prove that as we gain or lose, how the body shrinks all over. Sometimes we are caught up in just wanting a flatter stomach, forgetting that the entire body reacts to a weight loss.

Thanks for sharing!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I need to stay away from that. At 5'4" and 130 pound it made me look quite plump. I had to slide it down to 110 pounds to get it to what I think I actually look like. There's no accounting for muscle mass in there.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    that is a very cool website. Although like what the other say it doesn't take into account muscle mass. Muscle sculpt someones body to be more fit. Although my 3D figure with my stats of BMI 21.2 look similar to me. I think my tummy is more defined and flatter. I found myself scrolling to the left until I found what I want to look like, and it took me to near the underweight BMI of 18.9. Lol. I'm sure that I would not want to aim for that.

Thank you very much for sharing this.