NEWBIES..... CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Options
To anyone just starting out on MFP and unsure if its a good decision.... this is the most amazing place to be and u will not find a better place full of more wonderful people to support ur journey!!!
Whatever your goal is there are people here more than willing to offer tips on what might work,support , motivation and a kick up the butt when needed!
Having a bad day? not for long....let your pals know and within hours i can guarantee you will be smiling again and have an overwhelming feeling that someone has your back!
Feeling frustrated, lost, confused on the where, how,when,etc of this massive journey? ....join the club !your pals are either feeling the same or have been there already and come out the other side!

For me personally i have walked this journey pretty much alone apart from a few friends on facebook giving me support when i needed it. I have had to overcome huge stress in my personal life which really should have ended the journey right there but thanks to logging and being accountable on here i kept at it.

Two weeks ago i joined the community on here and if only id done it earlier. My new "PALS" have changed my life, i feel like i HAVE to succeed and HAVE to work hard cause they all tell me im an inspiration to them and i motivate them so how could i possibly fail with such amazing support and recognition of how far ive come! Thanks to these amazing people from all around the world im more committed and motivated than ever to get to my goal and also to help and support anyone else with their own journeys.

Soooo..... welcome and congrats on making what will be the most amazing decision of your life! to join us here on MFP and SUCCEED!!!

Replies

• mncmom3
    mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You're amazing Suzic! Thank YOU for your support as well over the past few weeks.
  • mariaconcetta1205
    Options
    So this is it! I decided to join today and loving my app on my phone. It is 8PM and still have about 200 calories left to eat. Not sure if i should consume them. I plan on losing 30 lbs by july for our big family vacation. hope i can do it.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi mariaconcetta, if your hungry then eat but otherwise at that time of night i personally wouldnt stress about making them up. However tomorrow try planning your day in the morning so you can eat your cals and also stay within them :) Good luck!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I've been here for about 3.5 months. I've loved every single day. I've learned so much from people in forums. And holy crap! Logging makes a difference! It really does. This is it, for me. This works. I love it here.
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Suzi you're awesome! It's because of people like you that I feel motivated everyday. Thank you for being one of my MFP friends! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Trickster1415
    Options
    Here goes, I started today and I'm not stoping until I reach my goal weight. I'm a single mother of one, a part time student, and full time employee. I don't have time to do weight watchers or gym memberships. I'm hoping MFP will help keep me motivated to lose the extra pounds! Good luck to anyone starting fresh. :-)
  • addie0banana
    Options
    How do you add your Progress bar to the replies? I have tried this a few other times and ended up quitting, but i hope i can make it!! Good luck everybody!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    How do you add your Progress bar to the replies? I have tried this a few other times and ended up quitting, but i hope i can make it!! Good luck everybody!!

Near the top of this page (not all the way, but just above the list of topics) is says Home/Recent Posts/My Topics/Settings/Search. It's in Settings there.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have loved MFP since I have been here too! And I can tell you that the OP is an inspiration and a great supporter of others too!

Well done Suzi - great post and well done on your weightloss. You look amazing. :drinker: x
  • MichelleBBeaver
    MichelleBBeaver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    great job! I have been on here for a while but never checked out the community part of it until now. My personal friends I added do not interact much at all but I do appreciate them. I am 45 and I have at least 85 pounds to lose and it feels like a mountain to climb. It is inspiring to see some almost on the other side. Thanks for posting! Have a good day!
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    I've been using the site for just over a week and have lost 13lb, I've been over weight since my early 20's and now as I'm turning 31 next month I thought enough is truly enough. I'm in it for the long haul now, a change in life style and this site has helped me tremendously in giving me support and knowledge so I feel confident in making the right food and exercise choices for me. I don't think I'd feel so upbeat and even excited as to what my new healthier life will hold :D And it's all thanks to this free site and it's many fantastic users:)
  • retheim
    Options
    hi have just joined yesterday i do wish i had found this site before i feel quite confident about losing weight i can see just how much i am eating and it really helps. i have changed my goal weight i still cant get used to doing it in Lbs so i really should lose 6 stone thats a huge amount but here goes wish me luck