Looking for friends who are maintaining

Options
Hey everyone. I have been on MFP for about a year and have lost about 75 pounds since joining. Woo Hoo! I made a bunch of friends when I joined that were in the same boat as me...other new moms trying to lose the baby weight but sadly most of them didn't stick around here. I'd like to make some new friends who are also working at maintaining and continuing to work towards fitness goals other than dropping lbs. I've looked around this site but it is kind of difficult to find other folks who are maintaining.

Who am I? I am a mom of a 15 month old. I am a huge foodie. I could talk about good food all day long. I love eating clean and trying new things. My family eats mostly plants and I love to come up with new foods to share with my son. I also love to exercise and plan on always doing it as long as my body allows.

I'd love any new friends but especially those of you who have met your weight loss goal or are close to doing so and are just sticking around to keep things on track. Add me!

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining and have been fir awhile now. You are welcome to add me :).
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Added! Thanks!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of "practice" maintaining. I've recently added exercise and my loss has come to a halt. But, I'm at a healthy weight now, so I'm not THAT upset by it. I'm playing with maintenance but may decide to lose another 5 or 10 pounds somewhere down the line.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have lost 91 lbs. I am a mother of a soon to be 8 year old, a 6 year old, and a 15 month old. I am maintaining and looking for friends who are trying to maintain. :) I have a great group of friends right now. However, I am the only one with the goal of maintaining and it is a little lonely.

Feel free to add me. :D
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining since May - feel free to add me!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 ...ages 6, 5, and 2 ...I'm maintaining now ..but looking to tone up..my diary is open and I'm a motivating person ..I might actually be annoying to some people :happy: feel free to add me!
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    I've been maintaining for almost a year and am now working on building muscle. I agree, it's hard to find others just here for maintenance.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Maintaining since October. Feel free to add me.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm maintaining and continuing to work on fitness. Would love to have more friends also in maintenance mode.
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to maintain now. Please add me everyone x
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    For all here, if you aren't already a member, there is also a good maintenance group forum on MFP where you can discuss maintenance issues and find good maintenance friends.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/169-maintenance
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining since September - please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    About to embark on Maintaining end of this week.
    Must admit it scares the living crap out of me...................big change from looking at loss for a long period!!!

Thanks for the group link and there is a lot of good advice in there.
    Off too have a look and work out a transition plan....lol
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining too....just not intentionally :laugh:

The last few pounds are a bugger to lose :ohwell:
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm at about my goal weight and am thrilled about where I am- feel free to add me although I'm way outta your age group (almost 60). I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing (5:2 eating and daily workouts) and see where it takes me, but I do NOT want to gain the weight back, ever!
  • jessakahbuell
    Options
    Hey there! I've tried this app before and had no idea how to add friends so I slacked for a bit there. I'm happy to say I'm back on track and have been on 20 days in a row! ( small victory ) any who, I'd like more friends, everyone keeps me motivated and excited which is fantastic! I've never had so much support and its nice to finally find people who are trying to reach the same goal!
    If you don't already have too many friends, feel free to add me! I promise I'm not a bore!! :)

jessakahbuell
  • EssexShell
    EssexShell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday and will be forever. I love this site and also runtastic.