how on earth is this possible???

Options
Yesterday I went about 1700 calories over my daily limit! These were not healthy calories either - it was pure candy and oreos and dinner 2x as big as I would normally eat, but this morning I weighed myself and was down half a pound!!!!!! How is that possible??

Replies

• nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Clearly they were MAGIC Oreos! ;-)

A few times I have "strayed" and still managed to lose weight. I suspect in part that's because I've set my goals to lose two pounds a week. Even if I go over my caloric intake by 1000 calories, my goals are set so high that I'm still eating fewer calories than I should to maintain my current weight.

Plus five good days, minus one bad day, still equals four good days. These things even out. It's tough to look at the big picture, when I focus so much on every meal. But it's the big picture that guarantees the weight loss.

And a half a pound isn't much. Not to be crude or anything, but with one really good bowel movement, I can lose two pounds. ;-)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Count your blessings lol. I had twinkies and cheetos this weekend and was up 4 pounds. It's come off in the last couple of days thank goodness.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Could take a day to show up!!! ouch!
  • rmcotter777
    rmcotter777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    when i used to do weight watchers they would tell me that when you weigh in it really accounts for what you ate the day before. so say if you weighed in monday night your body is actually weighing for what you ate on saturday. I don't know why that is unless it hasnt had time to digest and account for all the calories. unfortunately, wheneve you ate the stuff weigh 2 days later and see if you are still down. this is just what they told me so it could be totally wrong. hope it helps. if you are still down you are lucky, i would probably be up about 10 pounds.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    LOL - I just had the exact opposite happen!! I was not hunrgy at all yesterday and ended up going to bed early and still had 400 calories (which included exercise calories) to eat and when I weighed in this morning I was up 1.5 lbs. Wanna trade??? :huh:

I usually find that I see a lot of fluctuation in my weight (I weigh in every morning when I wake up) and I wait until the weight has stayed that way for 3 days before I take it as the truth. Drink lot's of water and eat lot's of veggies over the next couple of days to counteract this and hopefully it will stay down 4 lbs.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple days. It takes my body 4-5 days to adjust to good days....and bad ones.