Cream & Sugar

Options
I'm a 'coffeecreamandsugar' kinda girl and I know it adds 120 calories right off the bat and makes me go over on sugars every time. Today is the day. I'm weaning myself by doing almond milk and cinnamon instead of my usual 3 cream/ 3 sugars. Has anyone else changed their coffee habits?

Replies

• prissygal
    prissygal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I changed to 2 splendas and almond milk. I like it.
  • slimer_kim
    slimer_kim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I used to need so much sweetner for my tea. But, I've acquired a taste for it now so that I like it even without the added sweetness. I drink tea and coffee black now, which is shocking because it was unbearable beforehand!
    I think it may be due to the fact I started drinking green tea...so it was like a stepping stone.
    Ease yourself into it!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It has taken time, but I switched to FF Creamer and Splenda. I can only use the FF Land O'Lakes though!
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    Ugh I use so many calories a day on creamer for my coffee.... I have tried to cut back though.
  • debbilynn42
    debbilynn42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post. I'm a cream 'n sugar gal as well and will definitely have to try the almond milk!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have issues cutting back with coffee, I like my double double, sweetener is not enough... so I'm trying to just have a smaller size, so fewer calories...
  • Edica926
    Edica926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. I liked coffee-flavored-sugar-water... not coffee. About 2 weeks ago I cut out the added sugar cold turkey. I still use creamer, but it's only about 30 cal/serving, so I don't have any problems with that. It takes some getting used to, but I just made the choice and went with it and now I don't even think about the sugar.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I used to use two heaping spoonfuls of cream and sugar in my travel mug. I'm down to 1 tsp of each for the same mug now :happy: It definitely took time to get myself down to that though- I'm at 30 calories a day for coffee now. When I make my coffee at home, the last scoop of coffee is flavored, this makes it easier to drink :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Switched to fat free cream and equal. 22 cal/cup now.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Try using less, I know, weird. :smile:
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I used to use 2 spoonfuls of sugar and a lot of cream in my coffee. It was fine when I was serving and burned off a ton of calories everyday. When I got my desk job though, I didn't have enough calories to use cream and sugar, and eat enough in the day to satisfy me. So I switched to iced black coffee during the week. On weekends, I allow myself cream and sugar. I just make sure I measure it, and record it.

I did try just using less cream and sugar in my coffee for a while. I found that it wasn't very good, and it was more of a waste of calories, even though there were less calories in it, because I wasn't even enjoying what I was drinking.
  • kerr319
    kerr319 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's a mental thing! I just need to get my sugar intake down - especially because Dr. Oz says crazy things like "sugar causes cancer". :( but sugar and I have been together for a really long time...