1000 lb Club

Options
naculp
naculp Posts: 225 Member
How many heavy lifters here have successfully made it into the 1000 lb club? For those who aren't sure, I'm talking about the Big 3 - Bench Press, Squat, and Deadlift.

For those who have made it, would you care to share stories about your struggles/achievements/glory?

Personally, I made the 1000 lb club when I was in high school using only bench, squat, and power clean. However I was about 100 lbs heavier at the time, and that made things easier for me.

I've been doing SL 5x5 since November, and my most recent workout has put me into this club again. I'd really like to hear what everyone else can share about their milestones!

Replies

• naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bumping for a new day
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was getting close in 2011 when I hurt my back. Stopped lifting and put on almost 70 lbs. I just went to the Chiropractor the first time yesterday as I've periodically been getting pain where I injured my back. If he can get me on the right track I'm shooting to break 1000 before the end of the year. I was at 255 Bench, 225 Squat (never had spotters to really max out on either) and I was getting ready to pull a 400lb DL when I hurt my back. - oh yeah this was at around 220-225lb weight. I was hoping to compete in the 100kg class at a PL meet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!