8 Week Body Blitz!!!!

Options
Hi!

So i have been going the gym and trying to watch what i eat over the past few months! However i have not been entirely sticking to a proper regime!! and so therefore i havent really noticed much change in body shape! It seems that although i have been excercising at least 3 times a week i have actually put weight on! which might have something to do with the food i have consumed????

So before i know it, its 8 weeks before i go on holiday (were i want to feel and look slimmer) which i think is a good amount of time to make a few changes! So therefore i am making this my "8 week body blitz!!" were i am going to take my measurements and go the gym as much as i can and also watch what i eat in a bid to lose some inches for the bikini!!!

I therefore want to go to the gym 3 times through the week were i will do cardio and weight excercise! And do my usual spinning classes on the weekend!

If anyone has any tips for getting the most out of my excercise and to achieving my slimmer body in 8 weeks (concentrating on losing weight on my thighs!) please let me know them!!!! Or if you want to join in the 8 week body blitz we can post tips and motivational talk etc on here!

On the other hand if you have any wise words of encouragement or motivation please share them because i am really going to need them!!

Wish me luck!!!! xxxx

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! I work out 6x a week, pretty intensely. I am doing p90x and have 3.5weeks left before i finishe the program. However, I can never seem to keep my eating at a manageable level and so I am not seeing any results...even from doing alomost 10wks of p90x. GRRRRR! (my own fault though)

I am ready to see changes. I am ready to eat better and at calorie target!
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I also only have about 8 weeks to slim down. I am getting married and the dress will look okay but I don't want to be self conscious on my honeymoon!!! I have been tracking my food on here and exercising but I haven't lost too much. Mostly the first week and then nothing at all since. So if you want feel free to add me. We'll figure this out!
  • Kirst30
    Kirst30 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hellloo!

I too have an 8 week target so I will most definitely join you. :) I have taken a wee break from using this but am back for good in a bid to drop 10 pounds 8 weeks so I can be a slim birthday girl on my 21st, which I think is a good goal to have!

Just some advice: I would make sure you weigh yourself ONLY once a week when you get up and with no clothes on. Because your body weight can change so much during the day or a few days, it is best to keep track on a weekly basis and no cheating in between! Plus it means you get a bigger sense of achievement on your weigh-in day and something to be your goal. :)

Some tips for cutting down the cals: Drink water when you think you are hungry - alot of the time you are actually just thirsty! And also, if you feel a craving coming on, go and brush your teeth as you will find yourself less likely to munch with a nice minty taste in your mouth.

Lots of luck and good wishes! xxx
  • DerekDean
    DerekDean Posts: 1
    Options
    I believe that your body adjusts to any routine in order to maintain your fat reserves. It is a natural and healthy thing for it to do. I have had success by varying my calorie intake greatly to prevent any adjustment my body makes. Try going two days at about 60% - 75% of your recommended calorie intake and then go back to 100% for two days. You will be hungry, that is good. DO NOT make up for the deficit. Your body will tap into its reserves. When you go back to your normal diet, you prevent your metabolism from slowing down which happens if you go too long at a calorie deficit. Alternate your calorie intake as often as you like and I even go over on Sunday and reward myself (reasonably) for a good week. The trick is to starve your body to the point that it uses fat and yet prevent metabolism slow down. Remember, when you feel hungry, you are burning fat. Be the boss and tell your body what to do instead of vise-versa. It feels good.
  • Nicoladavo07
    Nicoladavo07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that i am not the only one!!!!

We should all really stick to this and se how we get on!

One thing i am going to do is rather than weigh myself measure myself! As although you might be staying the same or putting weight on you may be losing inches!!!!!xx
  • djaj
    djaj Posts: 1
    Options
    A really good tip if you are training is to 'eat by numbers'. Disregard your current weight for this and focus on your target weight. say your target weight is 180lbs for example, then the amount of calories you consume per day can be worked out with a simple calculation.

Target weight X 10.

But you also need to factor in any exercise you are going to do. Say you spend an hour at each gym session you plan on doing then you minus one of those hours from the X 10 and add the others. given you a total of 12.

so 180 X 12 = 2160 Calories per day.

You also need factor in the kind of nutrition you are getting, a rough guide is:

eat 1g of protein for every lb of your target weight.
    eat 1/2g of fat per lb of your target weight.
    then, to find out your carbs, take the calorie total of each of your protein and fat intake (1g of protein = 4cal, 1g of fat = 9 cal) and subtract it from your total allowance of calories. eg

180g of protein/day X 4 = 720
    90g of Fat/day X 9 = 810
    2160 - (720 + 810) = 630

1g of carbs also has 4 calories so you will need to be eating 158g of carbs per day as well.

Eat to exercise too!
    Eat around an hour before exercising, and no more than an hour after returning to resting heart rate, this helps keep your metabolism going, and speeds up the recovery process, particularly with muscular exhaustion.

When buying food, only use things found in nature, so NOTHING PROCESSED. If you buy bread make sure it's whole grain, same applies with cereal.

And a great way of losing weight to support your gym training is to eat around 5-6 times per day but only small meals, sometimes only a few mouthfuls. This keeps your metabolism going at a steady as possible rate throughout the day and helps burn those extra calories.

The great thing about dieting this way is that you can assign yourself one day a week where you can just eat anything you want! Have a blow out to reward yourself for the hard work you're putting in! But don't overdo it!

A good way to keep track of everything is to take a small diary everywhere you go and put in all the food you have eaten, and all the exercise you have done.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day too, try and avoid fizzy drinks and have pure fruit juice or water in stead! A nice big glass of OJ at breakfast is a good way to get your vitamin C for the day!

When your in the gym, treat it like circuit training, this works best if you have a gym buddy who can go and prepare the next piece of equipment ready to use right after you move from the previous piece.

I like to do a 10 minute cardio warm-up to get me pumped on the bike or rowing machines. Then move onto some weight training. If your really just starting your weight training, or its been a while since you last regularly attended a gym (like me) then it's best to do a full body work out (3 sets of 1 exercise per muscle) every time you go to the gym with no more than 48 hours between, and certainly no sooner than 24 hours! (this will make you very sore to begin with but you get used to it!) after the first 4 weeks move on to working specific muscle groups (2 exercises per muscle group, 3 sets, or drop sets!). EG

Monday - Shoulders, Chest and Triceps.
    Wednesday - Back and Triceps
    Friday - Legs (and Abs)

If you can fit a little extra cardio in on Tuesday and Thursday then even better!

Follow this guide and you will definitely see a difference after 8 weeks. It's a great way to tone up when you exercise in this way WITH the diet as well! I've done it before a few years ago when I used to play rugby, unfortunately university life has had its effect and I've gained a few stone in the last 2 years, now the hard work to get it off again!

Oh and obviously if you aren't trying to get completely ripped then take the muscular exercises down a notch, ie just use light weights.

Oh and specifically for women, you will probably want to cut out the shoulders back and chest exercises or you'll look rather manly after 8 weeks of training. But it depends on the look you're going for! a little of those exercises won't hurt!

Hope this helps!
  • Nicoladavo07
    Nicoladavo07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try taking your body measurments instead of just weighing yourself! You may find that you are actually losing inches!

Goodluck we shall definetly get there! xx