Glad to be here!!!

Options
My name is Joe , I am not a frequent poster to forums but i feel the need to respond to some threads on here at times , so i decided to introduce my self. I am 6' , started out at 320 lbs on august of 2012. I decided on a lifestyle change and cut out all my soda intake and sweets. By the time i found MFP i was already losing weight, but not as healthy as i should have been (i was starving myself).

Well thanks to the forums and alot of searching for great advice , i've managed to start eating better and getting some exercising done.
I am currently down over 50 lbs!!! and i'm feeling great!!!

So to all of you HARD WORKING MFPer's that post encouraging threads ....... THANK YOU, This site has changed my life.

-joe-

Replies

• CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Joe - Glad you commented. It is good to see people who have lost large amounts of weight and to remind others to look for healthy ways to loose the weight. It is such an encouragement to stay motivated. Live today well.
  • BigG1978
    BigG1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Superb Joe, like you I tried to do things on my own and although a newbie to MFP I have started to see how this should be done! If you want to add as a friend feel free!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far; but glad you have seen there is a healthy way to do this. I know you can do this! I would agree, this site is FANTASTIC and I am so glad a friend told me about it. Good luck on your journey!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe, Good for you getting on the ole band wagon to lose weight!!
    (Mind you I could spit when you lot..men! .. can lose weight at the drop of a hat!! .. :explode: ) Not that I am insinuating that you haven't put some effort into it..:laugh:

Well done and keep up the good work... :drinker:
  • TANJA36
    TANJA36 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been here before...was working perfect to me and then last year in April my Dad suddenly died and i fall apart....I needed a long time to get back on MFP.....i am sorry i lost a lot of time but now even more self-confident......This is the right way and yes this is our time for our life!!!!

You are doing amazing job...Be proud!!!!!!
  • amieandjoey
    Options
    Thank all you guys for the kind words... I couldn't , I mean WOULDN'T have been able to do it without MFP!!!!

Still got a ways to go, But WE can do it !!!!!