NO MORE XCUSES!!!!!!!!

suggamami77
suggamami77 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi every1, i started this on Monday and im very excited.... My goal is to loose 35 lbs by December. I really would love some motivation from anyone who have had success.... I need a few tips.... also i don't understand what does it means when u dont have the amount of calories ur supposed to have and when u are negative on proteins???????

Replies

• jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    I don't think it means much when you are over on protein. I go over on protein and fiber almost everyday. The numbers I try to pay the most attention to are cal, fat, sugar and sodium. If you follow the program and get as much exercise as you can, it iwll work. I have been doing it religously since Jan and have lost 19 pounds, exactly 1 pound a week. There have been days where I go over, but if you really try to stick to it, it will work!
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Welcome! What I do and has worked for me is to long-on everyday and I track everything I eat. I'm doing this with my sister and it really helps having a friend. It really keeps you on track! Also, I weigh my self every other day, but don't get discouraged if you have a gain, cause you know us women and our water retention.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Welcome! What I do and has worked for me is to log-on everyday and I track everything I eat. I'm doing this with my sister and it really helps having a friend. It really keeps you on track! Also, I weigh my self every other day, but don't get discouraged if you have a gain, cause you know us women and our water retention.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    You can adjust the % for carbs, fat and protein, among other settings (My Home, Goals, Change Goals, Custom). I found that MFP automatically sets carbs at 55%, and fat/protein made up the other 45%. I set mine to 50/25/25. Granted, it differs from person to person what the ratio should be, so you'll have to play around with it until you find that sweet spot. This website will help you determine what you should change it to, based on your dietary needs/goals: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm

Here's some more info on the three: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-healthy-carb-protein-fat-ratio.htm
  • thanks!!! and congrats on those 19lbs
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    35 pounds by December is definitely achievable. I would recommend you head over to the General Diet and Weight Loss forum and read the "stickies" and explore all the information there. Stickies are the posts at the top with a thumbtack icon next to the title.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.