Larabars

Options
Has anyone tried Larabars? If so, thoughts?

Replies

• langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have and they're yummy. Kind of high in sugar but perfect for a treat for a sweet tooth craving.
  • Nikki_XC
    Options
    I love the super simple ingredient list. They are high in sugar yes, but due to the fruit content (whole ingredients).
    But they're great for an energy boost, or as langsyne said above satisfying a sweet tooth.

Most are gluten free and some are even vegan. I love the coconut pie and lemon bars. Yummy!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    They are super awesome because there are only a few wholesome ingredients and no added sugars at all. No preservatives and they taste like GOLD. i love them :)
  • ajsquale
    ajsquale Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just ate my first one today, and I loved it! I definitely need to find more foods like these!
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm a huge fan for the reasons above, and for those who are gluten free, these are the ticket.

Last week I was having a candy bar craving and the Larabar was my savior. I don't eat them daily, but have them handy. My fav so far is a nut and cranberry one. Yum!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Tasty. They use high quality chocolate. I love the cookie dough ones. They are super high cal for the three or four bites they end up being. Good for kicking low blood sugar when you have about 45 seconds to eat.
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Where do you get them? Walmart? Amazon? I would like to try them. Especially if they are gluten free!
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I only buy them on sale and then I buy a couple of boxes.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just recently picked up a box at Costco, three flavors & all GF. They are high in sugar as stated, but it is from dates and fruit not added and with the fat and protein content (approx 6 grams of each) they really don't give you that sugar hit feeling or crash afterwards. I have started keeping a couple in my handbag for when I'm out and about and don't have any other options. IMO they also taste considerably better than most bars.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    They look delicious, and I love the short ingredient lists, but I find them to be too many calories for their size.
  • ajsquale
    Options
    I bought mine in our Hy-Vee's healthy section. Otherwise, I hear Trader Joe's has them as well! If you have any grocery store in your area that has a healthy section, I would bet they'd have them! They were on sale for $4 for 5 bars. Next time I'll probably buy boxes of them, though!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i like.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My go-to for quick snacks when they are on sale. I love the short ingredient list and still amazed at the flavor. I love the coconut cream pie one, doesn't taste like dates at all!
  • ajsquale
    Options
    They look delicious, and I love the short ingredient lists, but I find them to be too many calories for their size.

I thought they seemed to have a lot of calories, too, but they seem to be very filling and they're great for days where I'm eating a lot of fruits and veggies and it's hard to reach my 1200+ calorie goal.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    agreed. SUCH a great sweet-tooth option that's also filling & whatnot...

when you go on their website and click on the ingredient list for each bar, the ingredients are all foods you will RECOGNIZE. vanilla, almonds, dates, fruit, etc. They even show pictures of each ingredient.

**The cappuccino one is AWESOME! (& it's actually caffeinated... it's become by fav. 4pm snack!)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I tried one and didn't like it. It was some banana one I think. I prefer Luna bars to Larabars... But that's just me! :-)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I love their texture.

The cashew cookie one is my fav.
  • danimal5867
    Options
    Larabars = YUMMY and healthy
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I bought a few and then, in reaction to their price.. decided to make my own. They're delicious!
    I have had a lot of success with the recipes on this site:

http://rawified.blogspot.com/2012/05/raw-larabars.html

But there are lots of recipes out there. I recommend it.. saves mon-ay and you can customize to your liking.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love them! Lemon and coconut cream pie are so delicious. I just wish they had more protein