Stretch marks actually getting better!

Options

Replies

• igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I just wanted to update on where I am right now. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant (yay!) and am still continuing the rolling, but I am only using bio oil and rosehip oil on the stretch marks while I'm pregant. I noticed that I heal much more quickly between treatments, maybe because I have an increased blood supply being pregnant but I don't know.

I thought I would like to post my first picture again next to the most recent just so you see what it looks like now.

iemjd4.jpg

2dl6k3o.jpg

I read that this helps people during pregnancy by increasing blood flow to the area and letting me produce more collagen and elastin during the huge stretching that occurs which should help prevent stretch marks in people who are pregnant for the first time, and for me it's just healing the old marks.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great results. I am seeing results too but not as fast as you.
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Bump for later
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Great results. I am seeing results too but not as fast as you.

That's great, I'm glad you are seeing results too! :) I think consistency is everything so I will keep going with this.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump....Thanks for sharing!
  • Tori_gonzalez
    Options
    ive never heard of this before so i this might be a dumb question lol but does it hurt when you use the stamp or the roller?
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    ive never heard of this before so i this might be a dumb question lol but does it hurt when you use the stamp or the roller?

Yes it does hurt, but you can get a numbing cream if you need to.. I never did though. I epilate and comparing the two pains, I think epilating hurts more lol. I like doing this right after a shower when the skin is nice and warm and elastic, plus I put the oil on first which helps the needles to enter much more easily then if you don't apply the oil first.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my hips and my inner thighs. I'm like desperately wanting to have them disappear. Thanks for sharing.
  • 4twins
    4twins Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later! I might give this a try, I had two sets of twins and my belly shows it!
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    Just ordered my derma roller after seeing this. Thanks :)
  • Sw33tKnees
    Sw33tKnees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump to later!! Thanx!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow Congratulation on your pregnacy! Your skin looks realy good!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Please do a side by side comparison picture. Thanks.
  • isabulle13
    Options
    Oh, Colleen, I wanted to say that it was not expensive at all! I got this derma stamp on ebay (I got two of them and am still using the first one): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221137036368

And I got a couple of these rollers (still using the first one too): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Skin-Face-Acne-Wrinkle-Microneedle-Roller-2-0mm-/310434672757?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4847593075

I did go to the pharmacy to purchase some lotions (just generic brand, one with Vitamin E, one Vitamin A, a small bottle of bio oil (I only use this once a week) and aloe vera lotion). I got the rosehip oil on ebay too for cheap.

I am kind of a cheapskate and got the cheapest I could find :)

Dumb question - but how do you clean the roller? I imagine you must have to disinfect it every time, right? Do you roll for the needles to go all the way "inside" the skin? Or you just leave it on the surface?

It's sooo tempting for my thighs and butt stretch marks. Always thought I just had to live with them!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • Theohariti
    Theohariti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ^
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think they look MUCH better in the before picture. JMHO.
  • lida11
    lida11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    R they from pregnancy?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!