You know what feels good

Options
When I started my journey to lose weight I was tipping the scales last August at 289 lbs and wearing a size 26 pants and a 3x shirt. I used to hate going clothes shopping and trying on clothes at the store because it was so discouraging to try on what felt like 1000 pairs of pants to find the pair or two that fit comfortable or hung without clinging. Well last week my daughter forced me to face my fear as my clothes were hanging off me and its a good thing that they had elastic waists or else that would have been a really interesting venture. At first I was a little apprehensive about going to the store and getting measured but I didn't know what size I took anymore. I asked the sales woman for a tape measure and measured myself gave her the measurements . The first size she brought me was a 22 nope it was still way too big. We laughed at the fact that I have no butt. So she brought me 18/20 and directed me to a dressing room. At first I was a little apprehensive that they were going to be tight but figured what the heck I"m here might as well try them on. Guess what they fit perfect. I told her to bring me 4 pairs of dress pants and two pairs of jeans in that size. It was the first time in years that I actually enjoyed throwing pants in the keep pile instead of the going back pile. I asked her to bring me some cute sweaters as they were on clearance. Again I was thrilled at the fit. That day I walked away with a few new items in my wardrobe that will carry me to spring then it will be time to remeasure and shop again.
The moral of this story is don't get discourage and certainly don't give up because it really does pay off especially when you want to but new clothes or a reward for your hard work.

Replies