Any Canadians out there??

Options
2»

Replies

• eatright2013
    eatright2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am from Nova Scotia. I just joined and am hoping for lots of encouragement and challenges as we go through 2013.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    In Newfoundland!
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    Red Deer, Alberta :)

Feel free to add, Canuckies <3
  • Vallijean
    Options
    Hi from Edmonton, Alberta--almost 29 years-- originally from Hamilton, Ontario. I just started with MFP on December 31, 2012 and I know I have a long way to go--extra large, very short, great gramma. I got injured in 2011 and it took almost almost a year to heal but during that year I went to the Weight Wise Clinic and they got me started keeping a journal so the MFP food log is just fantastic and I don't have to do all the work of looking up the calories. My biggest problem is to get motivated to do some exercise. I have a brand new treadmill in my dining room --facing the TV in the livingroom--L-shaped--but I just cant get started. I couldn,t use it in the beginning because my injury was to my leg but that is now healed and I think I am just making excuses to myself-- I have the calories under control now I need some exercise--any suggestions? Please add me as a friend.
  • jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi from Edmonton, Alberta--almost 29 years-- originally from Hamilton, Ontario. I just started with MFP on December 31, 2012 and I know I have a long way to go--extra large, very short, great gramma. I got injured in 2011 and it took almost almost a year to heal but during that year I went to the Weight Wise Clinic and they got me started keeping a journal so the MFP food log is just fantastic and I don't have to do all the work of looking up the calories. My biggest problem is to get motivated to do some exercise. I have a brand new treadmill in my dining room --facing the TV in the livingroom--L-shaped--but I just cant get started. I couldn,t use it in the beginning because my injury was to my leg but that is now healed and I think I am just making excuses to myself-- I have the calories under control now I need some exercise--any suggestions? Please add me as a friend.
    Just try walking during a half hour TV show. Once you get started it's easier to keep going, after a couple weeks you'll really be able to tell the difference in your mood. & a great thing about exercise is for me at least I find it makes me crave healthier foods! it all goes hand in hand. The best way to create a new habit is choose a trigger (in this case choose one of your favourite daily TV shows, or start a new series on DVD and pick a time to be the trigger).
    I'm from Edmonton too and if the nice weather keeps up you could also walk outside if the area you live in is cleared of ice. So refreshing. There are also walking/hiking groups you can join on meetup.com if you need the accountability of a group setting.
    Good luck!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm from Edmonton! Feel free to add me
  • karenpriest
    karenpriest Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm live just outside of Calgary - feel free to add me I"m trying to lose 60lbs - 7 down.....53 more to go!
  • kristinashleyyoung
    Options
    I'm from Sudbury, Ontario :) feel free to add me
  • gillybeanz74
    gillybeanz74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am from ON. feel free to add me.. Love MFP and all the support frpm people all over. Great site!
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Vancouver (Kitsilano) BC) - I love that you are a Canadian looking for friends and your pic is of hockey - I am not sure why people stereotype us! Add if you like.
  • pattkw
    pattkw Posts: 7
    Options
    Ontario, 30 minutes from Niagara Falls. Count me in.