Give me some Pizza Express ideas!

Options
So dinner tonight is at Pizza Express and having looked at menu I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choice...

Any one with some recommendations?? Pizza is something I never used to allow myself to eat so it's a bit of an unknown/intimidating but I'm going for it!

I'm trying to gain weight so going to man up and get me some real food! - No salad thanks - can have that at home as a snack!!

Cheers guys

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    do they have a website you can look at before you go?? some even list nutritionals....
  • cbfliz
    cbfliz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had lunch in Pizza express today and chose the Veneziana. Always a favourite of mine :tongue:
  • yummyjewels
    Options
    We did Domino's pizza last week and and I ordered a vegie pizza with green peppers, onions and mushrooms, I hate 2 pieces and it wasn't that bad of a calorie count actually. 2 pieces for a vegetarian classic crust was 260 calories, 32 carbs, 9 fat and 10 protein which is what I counted it as. As long as you stay away from the meat and extra cheese I think you should be ok. Wherever you order, check in the system first to see what would be best, that's what I did.

Julie :)
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love pizza express! Get the diavolo (sp?) it's super yummy and rolled out thinner so you get more toppings. The regular pizzas are quite small. Also the chocolate fudge cake is to die for. Get it warm. Stay away from the salad as a low cal option because they have nearly as many calories as the pizza and sometimes more. That is, unless you get it without bread sticks, dressing, and cheese but then what's the point? Lol they have an online menu as well
  • yummyjewels
    Options
    Alot of the pizza places are already in this system, you just have to look them up first before you order :)
  • Wardnow
    Wardnow Posts: 13
    Options
    I recommend finding a take & bake
  • JohnLinney
    Options
    The leggera Pizzas are good and all around 500 cals. If you want a normal pizza ask them to make you a neptune (not on the current menu) - interestingly (if you're sad) the normal base has less calories than the thin Romano base.

The dolcetti deserts arent bad the tartufo is delicious and best at 70 cals plus coffee.

dont forget your 40% off vouchercode
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Link to the calorie values here:

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/uploads/documents/calorie.pdf

I like the pollo ad astra and maybe the chocolate fudge cake with ice cream would do?
  • katherinelangley
    Options
    Thanks guys! Went with the large pollo ad astra with a pud after!!