NSV to keep me motivated....

Options
Well... I have "re-started" this weight loss journey sooooo many times. And I lose motivation early on and have no will power. So when little things happen, it helps me out..

Today, after 3 previous tries, completed week 1, day 1 of the Couch to 5K program without even stopping early. Plus I found out that the gym I joined has a location 1 mile from work, which is way closer than the one I joined!! So now, I'm even more excited to "skip" over to the gym after work.

I got this (I HOPE!!)...

Plus watching my days logging in helps me too.. However I forgot to log in Sunday and started all over with day 1 again.. Oh well.

Replies

• kymm40
    kymm40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so mad at myself. I got on the scale and I am heaier than I thought! I am discouraged!!!! UGHHH :sad:
  • chrissiwit
    chrissiwit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting C25K!! I have started twice and always seem to re injure a torn ankle ligament from a year ago. Boo :( keep up the great work!!
  • russell9386
    russell9386 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you can so do it, I promise, the biggest thing is diet. I have found eating junk occasionally can be a the dumbest thing ever, I look for ways to be able to eat junk, everyday, however healthier versions. I dont buy healthy treats like 100 calorie oreos, I look up a way to make an oreo healthier, . I bake like a mad man, but try to substitute. And, fitness pal does help you see what you eat, and helps you stay connect for support!!! Losing weight can be such a pain doing it by yourself, and well.............. me and the scale dont meet very often, because it all depends on how much water I drink and all that other stuff, so I just ignore it and go by how my clothes feel. You can so do this!! I am here to cheer for you!!!
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Just because you forgot one day doesn't mean you have to start over!

Think of all the amazing choices you have made so far!! You can do it!
  • AceOfSpada
    AceOfSpada Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent way to look at things. You have to celebrate every step that you take in a better direction to be a healthier you. ICandy please relate to the statement you made about restarting. I have been back and forth with this battle I truly feel this time it's going to be for keeps. Life to definitely gets in the way we get stressed out and for some of us food is a coping mechanism. Keep your eye on the positive that you are doing and I will get greater and greater!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    C25K works! I started the program mid-October of last year and ran my first 5K last January 19. I am now using the 10K app for my first 10K race in June. Please don't get discouraged as it is a slow process. But regardless because it doesn't matter how slow you go as long as YOU DO NOT STOP! Keep doing it and I promise you, it will be so worth it especially when you start feeling great that your clothes are feeling looser and you see your face getting slimmer (what, I actually have a neck?!?)

You are on your way on becoming healthier and you will be awesome at it!