Friends who have upped calories

Options
I am starting the 30 day shred for the second time this Friday but this time im using / going to try to use 3kg weights.
I have read so much recently about how you will lose more weight and be healthier if you up your calories.
So last night I worked out my TDEE to be just over 2000 calories a day and want to try and see whether if i up my calories considerably to only 20% below my TDEE I will lose more weight.

Increasing your calories is an extremely scary process, so I would really appreciate peoples stories/ support of how upping their calories has helped them achieve their dream body :)

Thank you

Replies

• AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started out by doing the suggested 1200 MFP gave me. That worked for a little while but I started to feel really tired with all my workouts. I found that I actually wasnt getting enough "fuel". I upped my calories to 1700 and started losing weight again, I feel like I have more energy and all around I feel better with the 1700. I was VERY scared to go up! My nutritionist started me at 2000 but that actually was too much and I gained 3 lbs in a very short period of time! Once I went to 1700, it was smooth sailing. Its going to depend on your body and what you're comfortable with. Start by adding 300-400 calories and see what happens. Just make sure you're not filling those extra calories with junk food. You have to "feed" your body what it needs to keep going!
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
    At the moment my lunch consists of a protein shake and a cup a soup whilst im at work so If I drink my protein shake as an extra and have a sandwich or left overs for lunch I should be able to up it with good foods :)