Intro

Options
KLSG23
KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
Hi Everyone, just wanted to intro myself. I joined here about 2 wks ago. I'm a 39 year old military wife and mom of 3 under the age of 7. I've fallen off the wagon for the last 6 years. I climbed back on the "horse" on Jan.6, 2013 b/c I'm tired of feeling tired all the time, not fitting in anything in my closet and I refuse to turn 40 and feel this way. For the last 23 days, I have been eating very healthy and working out 30min-1hr 5-6 days a week. I definitely feel better as far as energy, strength and endurance. However, the scale has NOT budged from 175.6. I have to admit, I AM a little frustrated. That's why I started to log my calories about 2 wks ago.......still no change. I'm only 5'6, I SHOULD NOT weigh this! Please help me!
TIA
Kathy

Replies

• Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! I'm also a mom of 3. It's hard and I can understand your frustration. Feel free to add me...I try my best to motivate people and stay positive...I will help you any way that I can. I think with motivation and support anything is possible.
  • bkknauer
    Options
    I am new to my fitness pal but have been on a weight loss journey since jan 2011 when i had bariatric surgery. I started at 336 lbs and now weigh 173. my low was 166 last april and i am striving to get back there and hopefully below. I dont know what you eat but one thing that helps me alot is to not drink any calories i have been water only for two years. Also i eat a lot of protien then fruit/veg try to eat very few carbs otherwise. I would try reducing your calories by 50 or 100 a week until you are losing 1 or 2 pounds a week and they stay there for a while. for me that is around 1500 but i do 6 days a week of intensive workouts. Good luck! anyone that wants to be friends and motivate each other i am always looking for more support. I struggle with food addiiction so anyone who understands is cool by me!