kirkland turkey burger recipe ideas?

Options
I just got some kirkland signature turkey burgers and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to cook them deliciously. So far I've tried pan frying them in some water because I don't want the added fat but they come out kind of tough. My boyfriend and I were thinking of making meatballs out of them too.

So I'm looking for cooking tips and recipes for ground turkey burgers. Anyone got any ideas?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are REALLY good on the grill. We season them similar to hamburgers. :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Seasoned on the grill or baked them covered in the oven.
  • cagirl2188
    cagirl2188 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    we usually do them on the foreman, but you can thaw them and chop them up to use them like you would ground turkey: turkey tacos, turkey spaghetti sauce, turkey and egg scramble, etc.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The trick when cooking turkey burgers is pretty similar to cooking a whole turkey. KEEP IT COVERED. and if you do it on the grill, lower heat cooked longer keeps it juicy. A Pan with water and the lid on around a 3-4 heat (depending on the cook top/range) cook until it doesnt give BUT DONT OVER COOK. Just like your thanks giving turkey it will get dry if you over cook it.

One recipe I loved was Monterey jack turkey burgers. Primarily its ground turkey with mini chuncks of monterey jack cheese mixed in, for extra flavor I use a little Mccormicks BBQ or Cajun seasoning (I dont measure Im a seasoning junkie) the cheese also helps keep the meat most. Pan fried in enough EVOO to lightly coat the pan, or toss on the grill. You can make them in minis for an extra zing in spaghetti sauce too!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i like them grilled then smothered in mushrooms and sweet red peppers...or smothered in onions and a light brown gravey over brown rice with veggies
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    I buy these too! We season them with some Mrs. Dash table blend or the garlic and herb..or just whatever sounds good when i am in the kitchen. Some days i will make a foil pack of mushrooms and onions and put that on the grill with the bugers then top them with it super yummy!
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Turn frying pan up hot. Whack on burgers. Turn pan to low. Cook, flipping after a few mins.

Worksforme!
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! Cooking them covered the whole time helped soooo much. Today I had one in cut up and mixed with two egg whites, curry powder, tumeric, and some dried cranberries.
    It. Was. So. Good.

We dont have a grill but I cant wait ti make turkey meatballs and in foil packs with veggies!
  • tracharity
    tracharity Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just found these burgers at costco this past weekend well my wife found them .I grilled them after i seasoned with montreal steak season, smoked salt and emerils season and an dash of wortchestshire sauce. Let them sit for a couple minutes then grill them for about 10-15 minutes i like to make sure they were cooked all the way and they were good and juicy. I was very surprised cause other premade turkey patties taste like nothing and are gross but these are so good they are now my fav non beef burgers choices no more jenni o ya.
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burgers---Oh the possibilities!!!

So So Good! I make these usually on the grill or in the broiler...The thing is though...Moisture...So important...esp if you are using the 99% lean...IF you are using the 85% lean...you have a little more moisture...All you need to do is sprinle a little "all seasons or natural seasoning" or just Pepper, a little sea salt, garlic powder, basil...and grill em up...Serve with 100 Calorie Wheat buns and Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary...You will feel like you are eating a 5 star meal..I also make Turkey tacos...Turkey meatballs...pretty much i substitute turkey for anything ground beef...If it is seasoned correctly you will never tell the difference...Except in your waist line....
  • Jojeen
    Jojeen Posts: 8
    Options
    We cook in a nonstick pan, saute mushrooms and onions, pile on top of the cooked burger, cover with Tillamook Vintage sharp cheddar and let it melt. Put it on top of a salad and use Bolthouse Farms Thousand Island Dressing. Yumm!
  • LongLiveJen
    LongLiveJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've made this a few times, baked the patties at 350 for 20 minutes last night, rather than grilling. The dressing stinks, but actually tastes really good.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/grilled-thai-turkey-salad/
  • feedtheface
    Options
    the Kirkland Signature Turkey burgers are the BEST......have to be careful when you cook them, cuz they're SO lean...but SO good for you......best i've ever had (and I've tried them all....)......use a meat thermometer.....cook no more than 160........in fact between 155-160 and pull them...they keep cooking a little after you take them off the heat.....
    SO good......
    feedtheface....!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    grill them, put on a slice of pineapple (can grill those too would help get rid of some of the juiciness), and if you have the calorie allotment bacon and cheddar cheese on a whole wheat bun with lettuce ... just yum

or whole wheat bun, avocado, turkey burger

or spinach black beans turkey burger chopped up and jalapeno slices. add fresh spinach at the very end so it just barely wilts from the heat, you could include romaine as well
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just got some kirkland signature turkey burgers and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to cook them deliciously. So far I've tried pan frying them in some water because I don't want the added fat but they come out kind of tough. My boyfriend and I were thinking of making meatballs out of them too.

So I'm looking for cooking tips and recipes for ground turkey burgers. Anyone got any ideas?

Fat = flavor, in general turkey burgers are kind of bland so you have to amp up the flavoring. Look for umami packed things to add to them, MSG etc
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I usually add onions, peppers, and jalapeños and pepper jack cheese to hold it all together
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

My suggestion would be to give them to the dog (on second thought, I wouldn't even do that to my dog... pitch them) and cook up a real burger. Fat will NOT make you fat. Fat makes the brain happy.
  • dlbane
    Options
    I have lost 30+ lbs in 3 months. I get the turkey burger and spray a little olive oil in the skillet, then use some Luzianne Cajun seasoning on o0ne or both sides as it is cooking. I also like to slice an onion thin and saute it for a sandwich. We use the ground turkey (Jennie- O) for tacos. They are great and we have them often. dlbane
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the pre-formed turkey burgers. I buy the Foster Farms ground turkey 93/7 at Costco. They come in a four pack of one pound each. They are so good. They can be dry when you cook them. To moisten them up I soak the ground turkey in Greek yogurt with 3 tablespoons curry powder. Then form into burger patties, cook, and eat them right up! They keep in the fridge for quick grab and go. The curry powder is healthy, no calorie and has lots of beneficial turmeric. Try it!