New and going to start P90x today looking for supprt

Options
Hello My name is Lacy I am from Columbus Ohio ( GO BUCKS!!!!). I recently (3 Months ago) went to the doc for my high blood pressure meds and was given my fat paper lol a list of what I should eat and what I should not eat. I quit smoking in Feb and 3 months ago decided to change my life again I decided that I was going to start eating healthy and start going to the GYM go from only drinking MT DEW and nothing else to not drinking Soda Pop at all strictly water. All is going well so far and I am starting p90x we will see how this works out

Replies

• tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started my 3rd week on Monday of p90x. I have done one round already last year.
  • R8DR81
    R8DR81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lacy, Just be careful when stopping "everything" all at once.....Then it becomes a hated diet and a better chance to fall off the wagon of what you are trying to accomplish. Just water tends to get old after a little while. Feel free to spruce it up with an occasional flavor and don't forget to reward yourself once in a while with a Sprite or other clear soda. Take care and best of luck my friend.
    PS - I traded my cigs for the gym 4yrs ago, and I feel like million bucks for the most part (still gotta lil' tummy action showing). Keep it up, you'll do great.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking all soda myself and most of the beer. The zero calorie drinks definitely help when I am sick and tired of just drinking water and need some flavor. I recommend Powerade Zero, but there are others as well.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I had wonderful results with P90X. Good luck to you and make sure you eat enough.
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    did you see the new years issue of people magazine. There was a guy featured who lost over 200 lbs by using P90X over 18 months. You can do it...good luck!
  • Neowin73
    Options
    I am on week 3 of P90x- Just go at your own pace. As Tony says in one of the videos, you have to forget your ego. Don't try to keep up with the people on the video if you are not in shape. Modify the workout at the beginning if you have to. I also stopped drinking soda and when I get tired of plain water, I add those individual packs of Hawaiian punch to the water to give it some taste and color.

Good luck
  • mitziku
    mitziku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making some big changes! I would like to try PX90. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • LaurenNEW1015
    Options
    Hey there, I too juststarted P90x. I know the hardest part of the workout is just hitting the play button. Once you do that the rest is downhill from there. Just try to remember you are the only one who will benefit/lose if you do/don't do the workouts. I skipped last week, but Ihave commited that i will redo week 2 and 3 and keep going.

Best of luck :)