New but not new :)

Options
Good morning everyone...my name is Amanda. I signed up for this site a few months ago but haven't really stuck to it. But I'm officially sticking to it now! I was initially following the Paleo lifestyle as of the new year but found it too difficult for me to have as a lifestyle. So, I came back to MFP. I quit smoking January 1st, 2013 and I'm down 5 pounds so far.

Any help and/or friends is much appreciated!! Good luck to all :happy:

Replies

• MsSasafras
    MsSasafras Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you quit smoking! That's a very hard thing to do! Feel free to add me and welcome back :smile:
  • JuliaAS
    JuliaAS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Coming back to MFP again and this time I'm really committing. Looking for some accountability partners or anyone else that would want to hold each other accountable and on track for our goals!
  • Jigglebewie29
    Options
    Feel free to add me =]

I've been here before, but created a new account.

Looking for new friends too.
  • AmandaWalt628
    AmandaWalt628 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Nice to meet you all and thanks for your support :)
  • CloneSN
    CloneSN Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and welcome back! Congrats with your lifestyle adjustments! Good luck!
  • crfaulk1
    crfaulk1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!

My motto? ... "It works if you work it..." (stolen from AA, but oh-so-true).
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congrats on kicking the smoking habit!!! You are one step closer to becoming a better, healthier version of you!!! Best of luck!
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you stick with it
  • AmandaWalt628
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I wish this site had a "like" button so I could like all of your posts individually...I keep forgetting I'm not on Facebook!!! :laugh: :blushing:
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    Feel free to add me too!

I have been using the principles of paleo as a base for the diet i have been doing and it has been great! lost about 9lbs since Jan 2, and I still allow myself 1 night out so I can have a drink or 2. If you need recipe ideas let me know
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the quitting smoking.
  • AmandaWalt628
    Options
    Good for you!
    Feel free to add me too!

I have been using the principles of paleo as a base for the diet i have been doing and it has been great! lost about 9lbs since Jan 2, and I still allow myself 1 night out so I can have a drink or 2. If you need recipe ideas let me know

Thank you!! Request sent :) I was actually following the Paleo diet as well since Jan 2nd. I was down 7 pounds and then over the course of 1-1 1/2 weeks I gained 2 pounds back. I decided that it's better for me to just eat "what I want" and track it than it is to give up so much and still gain weight. Now I just have the things I love in moderation.
  • Racquel1
    Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You quit smoking and lost 5 lbs? That's pretty damn good!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp and congrats on quitting! thats awesome! this site really works when you use it diligently and having friends on here is a good way to keep yourself accountable. feel free to add me. i'm pretty active on here.
  • AmandaWalt628
    Options
    I am so glad that I finally decided to put myself out there on here. I've stayed in the background and read everyone's posts and success stories but never introduced myself. So happy to be making new friends and gaining a support system. You guys ROCK!! :bigsmile:
  • AmandaWalt628
    Options
    That's what I have to keep reminding myself when I start getting frustrated with the slow weight loss!! Thank you!!!