Need to be motivated

Options
Hi all I am on a journey to lose some weight and tone some muscles. I don't want to go to a gym because I really cannot afford one at this time in my life. I do not work out as often as I'd like. Actually I hardly work out at all, when I do I would go for a brisk walk and /or jogging. I feel like if I had some company then it would be different. I am motivated when I have someone there to support me and right now I don't.
I want to attain my ideal weight of 130 and I am currently regulating my diet. I am eating, max, 1200 cals. per day and try not to exceed that limit. However, it is quite hard maintaining a 1200 cal diet, I just officially start yesterday. I want to keep it up because I hope to lose 20 pounds by the end of March. I think that's realistic!!
Am I being too extreme with this or is it ok?
Thank you

Replies

• Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Lattyrich,
    If I could start over again, I would eat normal (like how I was before the diet) for a week and log everything. Then I would have some sort of starting point to work from. I could see how much I could eat and stay the same (not gain or lose).

Then from there, I would exercise everyday, aiming to burn at least 300 calories. I'd also cut out 200 to 300 calories to see if I started losing weight. Then each week I wasn't losing weight, I'd cut another 100 or so calories.

In the meantime, I'd start replacing processed foods with whole foods (make eggs with veggies instead of eating cereal; make a tuna salad with olive oil instead of mayo; replace chips with celery for dipping, etc.).

If you are eating out a lot and/or eating pre-packaged foods, it is so hard to eat 1200 calories. But if you start adding whole foods it is easier to do. Also, eat more protein b/c it will fill you up way better than carbs.

You can look at my diary for ideas.

Again, I wish I would have taken my own advice because I'm a little stuck right now trying to figure out how many calories my body really needs.
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I'm on here all the time....I give good feedback and motivation, but I like it in return!!!