slim in 6

Options
has anyone started or doing slim in 6.

Replies

• time2luse
    Options
    Hi, I have it; however, have not yet started using it.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just order it wanted to no if it give results. i still have 9 weeks of hip hop abs left to do . just wanted to keep my workouts from getting boring
  • ajsjourney
    ajsjourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I havent tried that one, but wanted to. Let me know what you think of it! :)
  • Szkx45
    Szkx45 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have it! Lost 18 lbs and lots of inces the first time I used it. Moved on to Turbo Fire, but after having meniscus surgery in November, I'm back with Slim in 6. It is a great low impact workout, with great results for me.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now, on the second level. I find Debbie too cutesy and irritating, but if you stick with the tedious task of doing the same workout every day for two weeks (level two) then three weeks (level three) you will definitely see results. I've nearly finished week two of DVD 2 and I've lost about 5lbs and gained a lot of strength.
  • Vercell
    Options
    I'm doing it now, on the second level. I find Debbie too cutesy and irritating, but if you stick with the tedious task of doing the same workout every day for two weeks (level two) then three weeks (level three) you will definitely see results. I've nearly finished week two of DVD 2 and I've lost about 5lbs and gained a lot of strength.
  • Vercell
    Options
    thanks for reply cant wait to start it
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have it and didn't care for it. I was doing jillian's 30ds and rin30 before and i needed a change as i got bored with those workouts. so i bought slim in 6 when it was on sale. I didn't have a whole lot to lose ( lb wise) as i was close to my goal at this point, i did it for 4 weeks straight before i went on a trip and then did it for 2 weeks right after i came home and i was so done with it after that. i didn't use the 1st phase as it was a waste of time for me and since i had been doing jm's dvd's before hand it was super super easy, so i started with ramp it up right from the get go. I did 2 weeks of that and then moved onto burn it up. did that for 2 weeks and then went on my trip. in that 4 week span i only lost 1/4 inch off my waist, thighs and hips and i did lose 4 lbs though... I had NEVER lost more then 2 lbs in a month ever, so i was very happy about that. when i got home i started it again for 2 weeks and lost nothing. so i moved back onto JM for a bit until i decide what i wan to do next...
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i have it and didn't care for it. I was doing jillian's 30ds and rin30 before and i needed a change as i got bored with those workouts. so i bought slim in 6 when it was on sale. I didn't have a whole lot to lose ( lb wise) as i was close to my goal at this point, i did it for 4 weeks straight before i went on a trip and then did it for 2 weeks right after i came home and i was so done with it after that. i didn't use the 1st phase as it was a waste of time for me and since i had been doing jm's dvd's before hand it was super super easy, so i started with ramp it up right from the get go. I did 2 weeks of that and then moved onto burn it up. did that for 2 weeks and then went on my trip. in that 4 week span i only lost 1/4 inch off my waist, thighs and hips and i did lose 4 lbs though... I had NEVER lost more then 2 lbs in a month ever, so i was very happy about that. when i got home i started it again for 2 weeks and lost nothing. so i moved back onto JM for a bit until i decide what i wan to do next...

I miss Jillian, too. Going to do her Body Revolution after I finish Si6, because I want to feel like I've had the **** kicked out of me after a workout!
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have it, and didn't particularly care for it. It was a little too slow for me- I started right out on the last phase because 1 & 2 were too easy. I got Turbo Jam- LOVING the fast pace. I think though, if you're just starting out with working out, it's probably very good.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i know what you mean. i was going to get body revolution too but i do find a lot of her moves are too hard on my knees... so i figured i'd save the $$$...I just found slim in 6 didn't really feel like a hard workout. i loved that it was low impact but i didn't feel it after... it wasn't hard at all. i figured if i stuck with it for at least 4-6 weeks i should of seen something but i only saw 4 lbs. that wasn't even the point, i would of loved to see some definition or something. I think if i would of did this as my very 1st workout, i woudl have a completely different response though...
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the original slim in 6, but I have her advanced dvd's (shape it up and tone it up) and they are pretty tough. I lost all my baby weight after my first, and got in awesome shape. They are a bit on the long side, but I really enjoyed them.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have it, but found it really boring after the first week.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I own it and stuck with it for about 2 weeks. It gets kinda boring for me. But her ab workout is great.
  • lin7604
    Options
    what about her " keep it up" dvd? I totally forgot about that one that came with the package as a "free" one... it's for 6 week sand beyond.. i guess maybe i will have to open it up and check it out on the weekend....
  • nickol11
    Options
    I am on week three of SI6 and am really liking it so far. Being that I was not in shape it was a great program to get me back into things. I have found that I have gotten a bit bored. What I have done is turned the music off and blast my own to keep me going. Makes it more up beat and keeps me going. So far over 12lbs lost and LOTS of inches... 5+ from both my hips and waist, etc... I have also been watching what food I intake and I feel that has helped too :) Best of luck everyone!!
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I think it is a great first step program. I am on week 4 and enjoy it. I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme next.
  • origamilizz
    Options
    Yes I have a long time ago, but I really only liked the 3rd video and the starching one