Committing Food on a Public Forum

Options
I have been on MFP for quite some time now and have followed my daily caloric allowance very closely, quite loosely, and I have gone more days than I can count not even logging on. I feel as if I've tried every way and changed things up to satisfy and make as easy as possible this journey. Anyway, I was just thinking, at lunch, that I am going to begin committing my food on this message board and hope for some accountability, focus, and motivation. I am also wondering if anyone does this. I haven't really looked for it on the message board, but if there is a thread already started, I'd be happy to jump in there.

Replies

• bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the point of making your food diary public?
  • jasesbetterlife
    Options
    Not a bad idea either....LOL! Thanks!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary public and encourage your friends to view and comment/cheer on/suggest.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just make your food diary public as suggested and remember to click the button of "when your'e finished" earlier in the day even if you have to plan the rest of your calories so people will have a chance to look at your diary around dinnertime when most people put theirs in. I noticed people check it a lot more if it says you came in "under your calorie goal" so if you can manage that, you'll be more likely to get people looking in on and commenting on your foods.

Also on your home page, invite your friends to look and comment/critique periodically because otherwise I think most people don't want to butt in or offend.
  • jasesbetterlife
    Options
    Thanks!!! I just updated my profile to make my diary public. Thanks again!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme - Raspberry Jelly Filled, 1 Doughnut 340 calories 36 carbs 190 fat

Dafuq did you get that measurement?

1g carb = 4 calories = 144 carb calories
    1g fat = 9 calories = 1710 fat calories

So that meal should be 1854 calories, and for a doughnut that is 100% incorrect.

Just be careful where you get your food info from, a ton of things (above for example) in the database are supremely incorrect.
  • jasesbetterlife
    Options
    Oh yes! I thought that was a little off. I do believe I was just accounting for calories there.

Thanks to all for the comments/suggestions! I'm already more motivated by the accountability!

Thanks again!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just log your food daily. That makes me more accountable. Specially since I have a few friends who do look at my diary and do comment! Also I like getting food ideas from my successful friends. Seeing how they are doing it helps me make better choices.

I just commit to logging daily and its working...... slowly... but then I am a bit older and its taking me a long time to realize hey, I need to move my body too!

You can do this.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I just updated my profile to make my diary public. Thanks again!

I did, too. Thanks for this suggestion. I'm new here and still learning to navigate the site and use it to the full. I even blogged today!