Morning Star

Options
Anyone else eat it? So far I have only tried the vegan patty and it was ok. Tonight I bought the chicken patty and will have for lunch tomorrow!

Replies

• caristear
    caristear Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I LOVE Morning Star! I eat the Maple flavored breakfast sausage patties, buffalo wings (over a salad with blue cheese crumbles), chicken strips (makes great fajitas!) and the crumbles!!!! Great product!
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of morning star.. i eat the black bean patties, the meatless ground beef (in spaghetti etc) and other variations of the hamburger pattie. delish!
  • irishhh
    irishhh Posts: 11
    Options
    Yep. I do enjoy my morning star :)
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Oh yes, I love the BBQ RIBLETS :) They are delicious in salads, mixed with broccoli, on a sandwich w/cheese!!! MMMMMM

I've also had their sausage patties, they are pretty good.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Yes! I really like Morning Star but I also love Quorn (non-soy vegetarian protien, yummy).
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    We used to use their cumbles all the time to make tacos, but now they're not vegan anymore :grumble:

I still use their chick'n strips sometimes for salads...
  • JimROCDS
    JimROCDS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to post their ingredients?

When ever I think of going vegetarian and Morning Star comes up in conversation,
    because its a processed food, it turns me away.

Jim
  • bxdarby
    bxdarby Posts: 17
    Options
    I have found that I really enjoy the Morning Star products. They're pretty tasty and flavorful, and this is coming from a true carnivore.

Here are the ingredients to the Veggie Burger:
    VEGETABLES (MUSHROOMS, WATER CHESTNUTS, ONIONS, CARROTS, GREEN BELL PEPPERS, RED BELL PEPPERS, BLACK OLIVES), TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, COOKED BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), ROLLED OATS, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF ONION POWDER, CORNSTARCH, SALT, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN, SOY AND WHEAT), AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, SUGAR, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SPICES, GARLIC POWDER, DEXTROSE, JALAPEÑO PEPPER POWDER, CELERY EXTRACT.

As you can imagine, most of their products follow the same sort of ingredient patterns.

I am also a really big fan of the Gardein brand. I had the BBQ Pulled Shreds last night, and they were fantastic!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Anyone care to post their ingredients?

When ever I think of going vegetarian and Morning Star comes up in conversation,
    because its a processed food, it turns me away.

Jim

You'll be hard pressed to find vegetarian or vegan products that are not processed. You can eat edamame, beans, lentils, and some grains that are not processed. Soy is almost always processed (edamame being the exception)...there are not many other protein options for vegetarians and vegans and we have to make do with what there is.
    These are the ingredients to Morning Stars Chicken Grillers (sorry for the all caps-I took it right off their page).
    SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE WITH WATER FOR HYDRATION, TEXTURED WHEAT PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, WHEAT STARCH, PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED), WHEAT FIBER, CANOLA OIL, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, METHYLCELLULOSE, SALT, YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, TAPIOCA DEXTRIN, SAFFLOWER OIL, SPICES, SUNFLOWER OIL, WHEAT MALTODEXTRIN, DEXTROSE, SESAME SEED OIL, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, PAPRIKA, GARLIC JUICE, COCONUT OIL, CITRIC ACID.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Mmmmm! Before I went gluten free and off dairy, loved the buffalo wings on a salad with ranch dressing or bleu cheese. The sausage links were really good too. And the Chickn nuggets and patties. I would put the chickn nuggets on a salad with a bbq ranch dressing and cheddar cheese, OMG my mouth is watering just remembering it. My daughter used to LOVE the mini corn dogs. I'm not going to lie, those were pretty darn good! Too bad they discontinued them. I used to serve them at parties with mustard dips and no one EVER knew they were eating vegetarian food.
  • JimROCDS
    JimROCDS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Thanks for the info

Sure thing.