Rewards Galore!

Options
Hello! How do you reward yourself for your efforts and success?
As I have been here for a month I want to reward myself with a little something and it can't be the old "food reward"!
:-)

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    REWARD REWARD! Every time I reach a mini goal I get a reward usually something I have been wanting for along time I think the last thing I bought was a beautiful copper pepper grinder.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have all sorts of things for weight, fitness, and time goals. Ranging from cheap, nail polish...mid range...like a mani/pedi....and then as I keep going I have things like a tattoo and vacation.
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I plan to treat myself to little goodies that I normally wouldn't buy at each mini goal. My first was some sample perfumes from LUSH cosmetics. That will probably be my go to place for treats. Remember to build in rewards for things besides weight loss. I am rewarding every 25 pounds and BMI drops, but I also want to include things like inches, logging food consistently for x number of days, working out a certain number of times. I think writing that type of goal in will motivate me if my weight loss is not going so quickly.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I really need to get myself a reward for keeping track and exercise for a month. Hmmmm may be a gorgeous bouquet of flowers!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, and knew from the beginning that remaining motivated for a long journey would be a problem for me. So for the first ten pounds I got a charm bracelet. I get a charm for each ten pounds lost. Time for me to order charm #5 and I love my bracelet! Wearing it is a constant physical reminder to me as well, keeping me motivated every day.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, and knew from the beginning that remaining motivated for a long journey would be a problem for me. So for the first ten pounds I got a charm bracelet. I get a charm for each ten pounds lost. Time for me to order charm #5 and I love my bracelet! Wearing it is a constant physical reminder to me as well, keeping me motivated every day.

That's a fabulous idea!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I get down to 210 I am going to buy 10 lb weights and at 185 going to buy myself a nice bicycle. Also I am going to run a 5k race with a friend in June. Dunno if that is a reward but its something I have never done before, so the accomplishment in itself will be a reward!
  • IsidoraAngst
    Options
    When I get down to 165lbs, I want to buy myself a new pair of jeans. :smile:
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    I think those are great rewards, Its like your investing in your fitness and by investing in it, you open more ways of enjoying it so it doesn't become OLD & BORING!,

I am rewarding myself with a new pair of shoes at my 1 month of logging (&and for opening my Hubby's eyes as to what hes ingesting) were also doing this together and as a reward as a couple were investing in P90X. (Maybe Brazilian Butt workout too)
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have goals set, big ones being a sizable cash allotment I keep adding to for clothes shopping when I get to my goal and to the point I am ready to maintain. Other then that I reward myself with say a new pair of sneakers which I bought myself last month for getting back into activity (mine are about a year and half old anyway) . I set up a subscription to PV.body so I am motivated to keep going since I am getting nice new workout clothes, can't wait for that to start coming in. I like the idea of the workout jars where you either tip yourself for every pound you lose or you move gems/marbles over from one jar with how much you want to lose in it to another container for every pound lost.
  • vickimyoshi
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas,:smile:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My reward... more hard work!

I don't have an end goal, nor do I want one. Now I take my pride from my incremental results, and they are my rewards.

What could I possibly buy for myself that could be more rewarding than being fitter, stronger, healthier, living longer and being a better role model for my kids??!