1500 CALORIE GOAL

Options
Anyone had success?

Replies

• junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories and the weight came off right away. Once I started to plateau, I upper my calories to around 1500 and I am still seeing results. It has worked for me.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started around 1500 and then MFP lowered it with every 10 lbs lost until I was down to 1290. I just switched back to 1500 because I was losing while significantly going over anyway so might as well make it official.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories and the weight came off right away. Once I started to plateau, I upper my calories to around 1500 and I am still seeing results. It has worked for me.

Almost the same story for me, when I joined I was higher but the calorie allowance decreased into the 1200's as the weight came off. Before the holidays I was starving on the 1200 cals that previously had me satisfied. I switched to maintenance over the holidays to take a break and enjoy the holidays, I stuck to that or under throughout. I have since been between 1450-1590 and losing though slowly since the begin of the year. I am doing more exercising and have begun strength training too, though it is almost too early to count that yet, I often eat back "some" of my exercise calories too, so some days as much as 1700-2000. :smile:
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I started off at 1800 a day (I weighed 220lbs) and the weight came flying off. I lost 20lbs within 8 weeks. Gradually my calorie goal got lower and now, at 160lbs, I'm averaging 1400 a day. Weight is still steadily coming off :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!