HELP! working overnights is ruining my weight loss goals..

Options
I've been working over night shifts for 3 weeks.. the first 2 weeks I saw slow losses..but this week I've gained "4lbs" clearly that can't be fat cause I've been keeping my diet the same and only light sacking at work at night (cheese, cracker chips, a small salad)

what is wrong? this is REALLY discouraging.. any advice would be great

Im so mad that I feel like eating a bagel but then thatll lead to a carb binge im sure :(

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Disruptions in sleep can stress the body out. I usually gain a few pounds when I shift back and forth from days to nights to days. Let your body adjust and keep at it, you will be fine.
  • liittlebrunette
    liittlebrunette Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Disruptions in sleep can stress the body out. I usually gain a few pounds when I shift back and forth from days to nights to days. Let your body adjust and keep at it, you will be fine.

so you think its just retaining water/food.. my sleep has been so off.. I try to average 6-8hours but my body is used to getting at minimum 10hours on my days off... like theres no way i could have gained 4lbs when Ive been so good with my diet
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, my business dictates night work for several weeks a year and i get way off track when this happens. I think an adjustment period will help you get going again
  • lizjohnson2169
    Options
    I workes midnights for 6 years. Make sure you get lots of vitamin D. Best way is being in the sun.
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I find that for the nights I dont bother weighing myself. I consistantly gain on nights but nothing ever stays it is just situational. So I don't stress (or weigh myself) during those times.

I pick one weigh in day every two weeks and then I dont become obsessed with the scale. I eat just the same as I normally do and I have divided my day into 0000-0800 0800-1600 and 1600-0000 and I usually graze all 12 hours. I found labelling the meals made things to hard for me.

I eat whatever I feel like eating whenever I feel like eating it. I lost 30 lbs doing that before then fell off the wagon and started again on the first of jan