Stair Master?

What are your takes on it? What sorts of workouts do you do on it like levels such and such. Is it actually bad for your knees?

Replies

• schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    I love the stair master! Great for your butt! I like to do it on random so it changes the levels automatically. Just remember, stand up straight and try to keep your weight OFF the handlebars. You get a much better workout that way and you're less likely to hurt yourself (think of the people that lean on it with all their weight and just let their legs pedal beneath them...not really how it's meant to be used).

Depending on what kind of stairmaster you're using they're pretty low-impact so I would think it wouldn't be too bad for your knees. Again, just stay upright and focus on keeping your form correct, and build up your time slowly!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    The stair master and I have a love/hate relationship... I HATE the work out... but LOVE the results from it... Um... I'm not talented enough to do any special routine or anything on it... when I was using it regularly... I would set it at a rate of about 50 steps per minute... and climb for 10 or 15 minutes... I would generally make myself do AT LEAST 20 flights of stairs before I allowed the screaming of my poor jello legs to take hold and quit... quickest way to burn calories and tighten up butt and thighs for me... If you are tough enough to make yourself stick it out long it is a GREAT work out.