Chocolate

Options
I am eating healthier, haven't really touched any processed food for almost a week, been doing very well eating under calories, and I am EATING CHOCOLATE ALMOST EVERY DAY and every time I get on the scale (official weigh in on Thursday but I can't help it, I peek) I see a drop of at least several ounces!!

I'm just excited to see losses while still eating my ultimate guilty pleasure... only now it's not guilty :D life is good.

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am eating healthier, haven't really touched any processed food for almost a week, been doing very well eating under calories, and I am EATING CHOCOLATE ALMOST EVERY DAY and every time I get on the scale (official weigh in on Thursday but I can't help it, I peek) I see a drop of at least several ounces!!

I'm just excited to see losses while still eating my ultimate guilty pleasure... only now it's not guilty :D life is good.

I meant to ask if anyone else was loving their diet like this, and indulging in their no longer guilty pleasure? Is anyone else loving life like me? :D
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....chocolate. I too have kept chocolate in my diet. Have a bite or two every day. Would never want to give it up.
  • Destinationa
    Options
    Well done! Everyone is allowed a treat daily - it just has to be in moderation, as I've learnt from people on here :)
  • cansmith80
    Options
    I just ate peanut m&ms.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I indulge all the time. As long as it fits my macros (and on some days even if it doesn't) I indulge on whatever I want.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Life is good! Congrats and enjoy
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i do that and my loss is doing GREAT :)
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Just further support for the concept of IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros). Honestly, since starting my healthier lifestyle 18 months ago I've been using this concept. I've not given up any foods (especially not chocolate - Hell No). I just make sure I hit my calorie goal everyday and try to stay pretty close on my macros whenever possible. That in addition to regular exercise has made me very successful.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! I make sure there is enough room for me to indulge in a yummy, portion controlled snack every day. I keep 110 calorie packs of Pringles for nighttime snacks, a couple of Hershey's kisses at lunchtime, pizza for lunch with coworkers. I love it! As long as I plan for it I can eat whatever I want. The key for me is PORTION CONTROL! The self restraint is challenging at times but the longer I stay on track the easier it is to maintain it.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i do that and my loss is doing GREAT :)

Hey! Do you like doing the HIIT Pilates too? Cassey rocks!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Abso-freakin-lutely! I would never have lasted this long if I tried to cut out chocolate and other foods I love, I've just found a better way to approach them throughout the years. First it was eating vitatops (so good but expensive), then fiber bars, and now I buy Ghiradelli 86% dark chocolate squares and have one or two every day. Yay for chocolate!
  • kirkytwo
    kirkytwo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and cant quite believe there are no restrictions to what you can eat as long as it is within your calorie allowance. Weigh in day for me is Friday so I'm hoping to see some results. Might treat myself to some chocolate if it's a good loss.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqhvw6mCQZ1qincmao1_500.png
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day as well. Just not a ton of it.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It is really difficult to get out of the mindset that there are certain things that you "cannot" have. Our society drills that into our heads when we "diet". I am so glad that the guilt is gone and I eat pizza, chips, chocolate and cake occasionally- as long as I track it! It has been 8 weeks and I continue to lose. Enjoy it- that is my philosophy!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have some most days, whether it be 81-85% dark chocolate, or currently, lindt lindor mini eggs which I adore.