Pregnancy Weight

Options
My husband and I are wanting to start trying to have a baby mid-June. Right now I my C.W. is 171. I figure that I will lose about 10lbs by then putting me at 160. Is 160 a decent weight to have a baby?

My height is 5'4 and I'm a medium/large build.

Replies

• blondskyeyes
    blondskyeyes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That really depends on your height and build.
  • Fry24
    Fry24 Posts: 21
    Options
    Don't forget to factor in that if you have any sort of morning sickness/exhaustion in the first trimester or longer, it will seriously impact your progress going forward.

The healthier you are when you get pregnant will help you and the baby through the process and in 9 months.

Good luck!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :smile: Perfect.
    Good luck!
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    Give your doctor or obgyn a call. They should be able to tell you over the phone what your "ideal" weight should be. My obgyn told me the last time I was in for a checkup, but I did have to ask. After two kids, my advice would be to be as close to or at your ideal weight as possible. If you breastfeed after, you'll probably loose it all without an issue but it only gets harder to loose weight after having a child. You taste this and that to see if it's too hot/cold/salty, etc., or lick the dripping icecream cone, and before you know it you've put on 15 pounds or so. And right after you have a kid, you're too tired to loose weight. Not trying to be negative, just realistic, since I've been there and done that. :tongue: My oldest is now 5 and I'm trying to loose the weight before I hit 40. Not easy, but I'm thankful that's all I had to loose and that I was at my ideal weight before I got pregnant or it would have been worse. Good luck though and I hope you are blessed with easy conception, pregnancy and birth! :smile:
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. I was 5'6, 160 pounds and fairly fit when I first found out I was pregnant. I now have a very healthy and happy eight month old! Congratulations on deciding to expand the family!