HALF WAY THERE!!!! MY 4 MONTH PROGRESS (PICS TO COME)

Options
cris20056
cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
Hi all....I have just been dying to be "good enough" to post my results on the success thread, and today I truly think I deserve to!

I started my journey to a new lifestyle on January 4th, yes as a new year resolution .What was so different this year, as opposed to every single other year that I had vowed to lose weight? The answer oddly enough is simple. I was fed up...enough is enough, I was done being miserable. I was blessed with a beautiful baby boy November 2008 and I could no longer keep up with him, how sad, I cant keep up with my 1 year old. In addition, my relationship with my then boyfriend now fiance (Yay!) was suffering. My misery and unhappiness with myself was being taken out on him. I whined and cried and was constantly moody, I blamed everyone but myself. I decided I was worth being happy, and that I wanted to feel sexy again for myself and for my fiance, and that I wanted to run anda dance with my son.

It's been 4 months now since I made the CHOICE to be happy and I have lost over 50lbs, 2 pant sizes, am making healthier choices both emotionally and physically. I am sooo much happier and full of life. Has it been easy? Absolutely not! But my dear dear friends on MFP have pushed me and encouraged the entire way and I couldnt have made it through this emotionally without them (shout out to my peeps-Over 200 club!) I am halway to my goal and I cant wait to be able to announce that I did it, because for me this time, there's no turning back!

Thank you so much MFP for allowing me to take my life back.....

Starting weight (1/4/10)- 255lbs
Current weight (5/6/10)- 202.4lbs
Went from a size 20 to a size 14

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING ME INSPIRED!!!

Lots of love,

Cris
(I hope to post before and halfway pics soon!)

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! YEAH CRIS! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kellyd23
    kellyd23 Posts: 24
    Options
    Sooo awesome!
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB, CRIS. You are truly an inspiration for me. I've been doing this since last year, but I can say that my focus changed greatly in February of this year. So, I'm on to new things and a new me. Congrats, again. Keep up the good work!

I don't know where I would be without MFP, too.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    thats amazing. good for your girl.
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GORGEOUS WOMAN!!!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    Hi all....I have just been dying to be "good enough" to post my results on the success thread, and today I truly think I deserve to!

I started my journey to a new lifestyle on January 4th, yes as a new year resolution .What was so different this year, as opposed to every single other year that I had vowed to lose weight? The answer oddly enough is simple. I was fed up...enough is enough, I was done being miserable. I was blessed with a beautiful baby boy November 2008 and I could no longer keep up with him, how sad, I cant keep up with my 1 year old. In addition, my relationship with my then boyfriend now fiance (Yay!) was suffering. My misery and unhappiness with myself was being taken out on him. I whined and cried and was constantly moody, I blamed everyone but myself. I decided I was worth being happy, and that I wanted to feel sexy again for myself and for my fiance, and that I wanted to run anda dance with my son.

It's been 4 months now since I made the CHOICE to be happy and I have lost over 50lbs, 2 pant sizes, am making healthier choices both emotionally and physically. I am sooo much happier and full of life. Has it been easy? Absolutely not! But my dear dear friends on MFP have pushed me and encouraged the entire way and I couldnt have made it through this emotionally without them (shout out to my peeps-Over 200 club!) I am halway to my goal and I cant wait to be able to announce that I did it, because for me this time, there's no turning back!

Thank you so much MFP for allowing me to take my life back.....

Starting weight (1/4/10)- 255lbs
    Current weight (5/6/10)- 202.4lbs
    Went from a size 20 to a size 14

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING ME INSPIRED!!!

Lots of love,

Cris
    (I hope to post before and halfway pics soon!)

OMG!!! you were 255 and i started on 250. and the funny thing is you started on my birthday :) January 4th :)
    i had lost 5 lbs before i started this site.
    and were aim for very similar goal. but you have started before i did. :) but my gosh girl!!! you are doing great, glad that you have made changes in your life to improve for yourself and for others that loves you. and your son and your lovely fiance :) i am sooo proud of you and really grateful to where you were to where you are now. :)

and this REALLY shows that this works :) and i know it does cause i have lost 12 so far :)
    and you have lost over 50 :)

OMG!!!

it would be great if you could add me :)
    (i reached my limits of friends) but would really love to have you as my friend.
    and you are such an inspiration :D
  • sprkles
    sprkles Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!! you are an inspiration to many!! Treat yourself to some pampering!!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats be proud of your accomplishment.....and can't wait to see the pics!!:happy:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration today!!! You are really amazing! What an awesome achievement!

D
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris, you ROCK MY SOCKS!! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for being my internet stalker friend -- I sure wouldn't want to do this without you! :laugh:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I am SO PROUD of you! You are doing so well it's an inspiration! I'm going to notch things up a bit and get my own weight loss moving again!

You are so worth it!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Good for you! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
    Do something nice to treat yourself!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Good freakin' job!!! I love hearing stories like yours. Just everyday people who decided to change to enrich their lives...I love it! :happy: Congratulations on the weight loss, the ENGAGEMENT!!! (you better have pics on your profile of your ring) and all your hard work. Keep it up, and you'll be to your goal weight and as healthy & in shape as ever in NO time!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good freakin' job!!! I love hearing stories like yours. Just everyday people who decided to change to enrich their lives...I love it! :happy: Congratulations on the weight loss, the ENGAGEMENT!!! (you better have pics on your profile of your ring) and all your hard work. Keep it up, and you'll be to your goal weight and as healthy & in shape as ever in NO time!!

Darn straight I got a pic of my ring up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOU R.O.C.K!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrat! You're an inspiration!
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Its stories like yours that keep my hope up that I can actually do this!! Thanks so much for posting your awesome results!!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yay Cris! *hugs* :flowerforyou: Way to go!
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Congratulations my friend....how proud your man must be to have a hot mama on his arm!!!!
    I have a huge smile on my face for you today :bigsmile:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congratulations on your weight loss. You give me the inspiration to keep trying!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!