?? results?? of any kind....

Options
How long did it take you all to see or feel any results once you changed to a healthier lifestyle?

4 weeks?

6 weeks?

8 weeks?

I know,,,,,, I know....... I should just let it happen and have patience, it's just VERY hard for me to be working so hard and not seeing much in the way of results- especially when I'm trying so doggone hard. It gets me down a little bit from time to time. I think it will help to know how long it took others to see/feel results.
ON A BETTER NOTE :happy: I do have more energy and I'm eating cleaner and cleaner by the day- OH and the BEST NOTE YET-:flowerforyou: I HAVE AN AWESOME SUPPORT SYSTEM OF YOU ALL, so I'll never give up. :bigsmile:

Replies

• speedgoose
    Options
    Since Jan 5, I haven't eaten any meat or drank any alcohol. I have seen/felt results already. Granted, I am in a different situation than most on here, as in I'm not trying to lose weight, but I have tightened up already, and I FEEL much better. I even tightened up so much that I bought a smaller jean size on Sunday, but my weight is the same.
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This week is my 12th week using MFP. I think it was about 6 weeks before my size 8 jeans were no longer too tight, even fresh out of the dryer. Last weekend, I put on my size 6 jeans, though they're still a little tight and not as comfortable as my size 8.

Yeah, it just takes time. As annoying as that is.
  • Melsand11
    Options
    What kind of changes are you looking for? Physical? The day you begin your weight loss journey is the day you start to change. Already working out more and eating healthier, more energy, better sleep, probably a better disposition as well. As for physical changes they won't start off by pounds coming off, but you'll see shinier hair and nails and skin, less bags under your eyes and less joint pain (if you had any).

I was in my 4th to 5th week before I saw consisten weight loss results. by consistent I mean more than 2 pounds go and come back, by week 4 the pounds started shedding which only spurred me to work harder! We have a slight setback - that time of the month- but some women just choose to not weigh in that week, it can really mess with your mind.

Please only weigh in once a week, it will save you a lot of stress! Congratulations on your new lifestyle, BIG changes coming your way!!! Good luck!
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It took a year for me to really feel I was making a significant change, but I started at a low weight and wasn't tracking my progress, or focusing heavily on physical fitness. I can say that I'm stronger now than I have been in 4-5 years, but it took a year of steady ups and downs to get here - and while I've been slowly moving closer to my goals, it's not something I noticed until very recently.