Here I go again...

Options
I'm a 27-year-old who's trying to get her life back on track. After a miscarriage in 2009 I gained about 100 pounds and gave up for quite awhile. At my highest I weighed about 380 and am not far from there now. In 2011 I was able to get about 60 pounds off, but when life got crazy I packed it back on quickly. In 2012, I felt like it was a pretty big accomplishment just to maintain. In October 2012, I walked my first 5K and loved it. I planned to keep up the 1.5 hours at the gym that I started at the end of September 2012 and then add a 5K every month for a year to keep me motivated. Alas, that was not to be as my three year old cousin came to stay with us at the end of October and it made getting to the gym a nightmare. It seemed like it was going to be impossible to do anything to lose weight, let alone to keep from gaining it. Here we are, almost four months into life with a toddler, and I'm quickly realizing that I'm doing no one any favors by putting off getting healthy. It may have been easier to lose weight without him here, but I didn't do it then, so it's certainly not his fault that I'm not doing it now. It's a choice, and whether he stays with us or not I have to make the choice to get healthy for myself. So that's what I'm doing. I want to lose weight, but my ultimate goal is a healthy, sustainable lifestyle that will give me the best chance at beating PCOS and having a family of my own and teaching that family to be healthy and active so that they can live their best lives as well.

Replies

• brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great community full of support! Good luck with everything and you can add me if you want :smile: My husband and I have been TTC for 3 years, and I figured it was probably time to try getting my weight under control!
  • srhenderson85
    srhenderson85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband has had some great luck with the community side of MFP, so I figured it was time for me to really try it out. I sent you a request so that we can encourage each other! My husband and I have been TTC since we got married, basically, and getting the weight off is kind of my last ditch effort before we give up doing things naturally. Here's to miracles for us both! :)