full up but need calories.

Options
as the title says.. im not hungry but need to eat around 2200 calories for bmr.
im aiming at 2000 though. but the thing is im struggling to eat this much food to hit my daily calories. im not even eating what i have burned off today..

any ideas. like a special no fat 500 calorie pill i can take lol.

do you continue to eat just to make your calories or stop and end up being under bmr.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    One day won't matter bu if it's a consistent problem eat peanut butter
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NOW I SEE The challenge here. People are always complaining about those complainers who can't figure out how to eat more cal's... it's because you are trying to eat lots of cals but with no fat! Aha, that does sound tricky.
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Some days if I have exercised I can end up with 200 calories to eat "for the sake of it" at the end of the day - but then I choose either a banana or nuts that are high in cals but still kinda healthy too. I feel weird eating them - but know if I don't my weight isn't going to come off.
    Seen some posters say that peanut butter is another good way to bump up your calories too.
  • gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    get some healthy fat in your diet.... nuts, avocados etc.... and enjoy the struggle! Wish i had the same issue! =)
  • lythy77
    lythy77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks..will get some peanut butter tomorrow as its a constant struggle to hit 2000
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    thanks..will get some peanut butter tomorrow as its a constant struggle to hit 2000
    While you're at it, pick up some macadamia nuts and olive oil. Use the olive oil to cook your food and/or drizzle on top of a salad or whatever - about 100 calories in one tablespoon. An ounce of macadamia nuts (besides being very tasty) is about 200 calories. Both (along with peanut butter) contain healthy, essential fats. Remember, dietary fat does not equal body fat.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Fat. Eat it.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't be eating under your BMR on a regular basis, one day here and there is fine but don't try to undereat by 200 calories every day and then not even reach that. You can eat very healthy and reach 2200 easily. Healthy fats are good to include in your daily eating. Peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, greek yogurt, whole grains, milk, cheese etc are all good choices.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Try to buy the natural peanut butter, no added sugar. Tastes awesome and much healthier. The other thing I love is a mixed seeds and nuts treat. 50 grams can equal almost 300 calories and it does not fill you up but adds to energy levels.

Keep up the good work
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sunbutter has a TON of calories too-- I like it, but it bumped me up WAY over my calories, so for now it's off my list-- good luck to you! Walnuts are good too-- and then there is always meatloaf...
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Fat is not the devil. And in fact healthy fats are very good for you.

To the other suggestions, I will add, pecans, they are freaking delicious. Also, try super dark cholcolate in moderation. I like the endangered species 88% squares. They are 50 calories each so I eat two at a time. Very satisfying.

Please see:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried/like coconut oil?

http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

I thought I'd try it, and it's not too bad! Fried some zucchini in it, and it turned out really well!

Basically, try different things and mix up your diet. :)
  • lythy77
    lythy77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    just like to say a big thank you. made my calories so easy today. peanut butter sandwich's x 2 = 800 calories