HRM - to buy or not to buy

Options
I joined MFP two weeks ago and have been working really hard with my exercise doing 6.5km runs (most) days. I have only lost around 1kg (it seems to fluctuate day to day between .5 and 1.2kgs). I am wondering if a HRM would be beneficial and wonder if anyone else has experienced a noticeable increase in their weight loss by using one.

Replies

• toddslaten1
    toddslaten1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do strict hrm training and am a firm believer in it. There is plenty of info on the net on this subject. I found the 180 formula works best for me. It's 180 minus your age plus 5. For example, I'm 42, So 180 minus 42 is 138. If your healthy and not prone to injury, you can add 5 beats(143). Many formulas exist. I found this one works for me. Extensive info from Dr. Phil Maffetone is on his site along with other excellent health and wellness tips.http://www.philmaffetone.com/home.cfm
  • padmclaugh
    Options
    Thanks toddslaten. I appreciate your feedback and if you have used the HRm to lose that whopping 109lb, I'm convinced :happy: I will check out the link you provided now. thanks