Need some advice ladies!

Options
Anyone know any good brands/type of sports bra for the top heavy woman? Haha I have a few underarmor sports bras and they just go every which way. I need something to tie em down!

Replies

• WorkingonmeAliG
    WorkingonmeAliG Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Champion has a fantastic bra that is under wire and is double material.
    I get mine at Sports Authority. LOVE THEM!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is amazing. I have two Fiona bras that I love.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort is the only thing that has kept my girls in check :laugh: ... you can get them online . I am a runner and they are also comfortable... Luna and Maia are my favs but you can enter info for the type of activity you need it for, high impact, medium, light and they will suggest bras for you.
  • heatherselway
    Options
    Thanks. I'll check out moving comfort.
  • heatherselway
    Options
    Champion has a fantastic bra that is under wire and is double material.
    I get mine at Sports Authority. LOVE THEM!

They sell those at Walmart, right?
  • surfergirl1970
    Options
    Echo the recommendation for Moving Comfort. I have the same problem. Here's what I wear -- when I found this bra it was like the holy grail. http://www.barenecessities.com/moving-comfort-maia-maximum-control-underwire-sports-bra-350011_product.htm?pf_id=MovingComfort350011&search=&manual_cm_sp=SlotLocation-_-R1C1-_-MovingComfort350011
  • surfergirl1970
    Options
    Champions are also pretty good, but once I found Moving Comfort there was no going back. :smile:
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The C9 (champion) line is at Target... I have more than a few D's behind my bra size.... and I get a small. Holds the girls in nice and tight :wink:
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The lululemon Tara tamer II (ridiculous name, I know) is the best sports bra I have ever had in my entire life. Seriously life changing for running. And it's cute and sexy to boot! Worth every penny for my 34 Ds. Cannot say enough how much I like it.

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110
  • heatherselway
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'd prob cringe if I had to spend $50 for a sports bra, and even then would only get one probably.
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have Berlei Sports Bra. I am a DD, and it holds me, but if you are bigger it may change a lot.
    I believe this is the one I have http://www.berlei.com.au/sport-bras/high-performance-non-padded-bra.html#80=65&142=529

I went to a up market department store (Ballantynes) and I asked the ladies about them, as I had NO idea. She showed me a few different ones and got me to try them on. They all sit and feel completely different, but this one I feel I have the most support.
    I like how I can cross the straps at the back (holds you in tighter!) and it also has moisture soaking parts on shoulders and under breasts.
    When you put it on too it should be hard to do up the first couple times, and still tight after that as that is where the support is. I thought I needed the next size up but the lady said I would be flying all over the place if I did, and I am glad I didn't.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For me its less about the brand, try to find something that says "high support" rather than "medium" or "low" support. High Support bras hold everything down and boy was I happy when I discovered they exist!

edit: this may sound weird but when I buy sports bras I do a few jumping jacks in the dressing room to make sure its the support I am looking for!