HELP - soft food diet ideas??

Options
I just went through a painful gum graft procedure and I've been told to eat soft foods (and/or liquids) for a minimum of three days... for as long as 10 days, depending on how I tolerate.

I'm planning on blending fruits with plain greek yogurt and supplementing with protein powder; drinking soups; and eating baby food. I also bought apple sauce for the first time in years.

Any other suggestions/ideas/advice? Would love to hear about it!

Replies

• DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hmm...you mentioned yogurt and protein shakes...

Cottage cheese? Fish? I know most fish like Tilapia and Salmon are really soft and flaky!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Ouch!

After getting my wisdom teeth out, mashed potatoes with cheese melted in them was my go-to food. A lot of soft foods tended towards the sweet and fruity flavor spectrum, which made me nauseous after a while, especially since I was craving salty and savory.

Canned chicken is very soft. Mix some with greek yogurt and buffalo sauce.
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas...! any other suggestions?
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Carnation Instant Breakfast
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    oatmeal (is that okay for you to eat?) the instant kind because its cut up so finely.
    cream of wheat.
    (carbs)

mashed cauliflower
    apple sauce
    cottage cheese
    mashed bananas (surprisingly delicious!)

hmm... not healthy but processed meats like potted ham.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ice cream:)
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    puddddiiiinnnggg!
    Okay maybe not the healthiest idea. But I would say maybe at least stay way from anything made of small particles that could irritate your gums even more. Applesauce, mashed potatoes, and yogurt sound good, and stines72's idea of mashed bananas seems pretty tasty too.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas...! any other suggestions?

Scrambled cheese eggs!
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i think i'm gonna try the eggs + cheese for breakfast. and perhaps i'll start feeling brave enough to try oatmeal, the day after.
    wow, i really miss salty/savory foods. :(
  • KKatherine611
    KKatherine611 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on a soft food diet for digestive reasons, and I'm in a similar predicament. You can puree almost any vegetable after you cook it to your desired tenderness, just add a pinch of butter or some broth for a bit of added flavor. Also, you can try hummus, or mash an avocado with lemon juice and garlic salt. I've also made french onion soup from the smitten kitchen that was to die for! I hope this helps, and good luck!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, mashed potatoes, jello, mashed turnips, cream of wheat, smoothies, chili, baked apples, ice cream, scrambled eggs, and soft cheeses.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I had the bone graft surgery last year for dental implants and I ate oatmeal, applesauce,popsicles, jello, and yogurt. I also had a Wendy's Frostie, which was delicious. I didn't start the weight loss diet until I had recovered from the dental surgery. I found that I could really eat anything soft. Smoothies and ice cream would be good too!!

I hope this helps.
  • cherry5oda
    cherry5oda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you want something solid maybe try soft bread with hummus, mushrooms, and lunch meat?
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Ensure! Feel better!!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mashed taters!