Any vegans/ vegetarians here?

Options
Interested in meeting fellow vegans and vegetarians :)

Replies

• woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. 7 years and I love every single day of it. :)
  • IeshaMonica
    Options
    Wow, that's great!
    We'll done:)
    What foods do you eat to make your diet as varied as possible ? :)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Options
    vegetarian here, feel free to add me
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here who eats A LOT of vegan food. :smile:
  • kathrynbrodie90
    Options
    Ive been vegetarian for about 4 years, my body just rejects meat, makes me seriously ill.

in the need of some advice, i really struggle with cutting down on carbs :( any suggestions on how i can do this?
  • Lilihel
    Lilihel Posts: 53
    Options
    Vegetarian here, add me if you want
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think there are plenty of vegetarians/vegans on this website. I'm vegetarian too and it's always nice to meet more like-minded people. :}
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    there are tons of us and groups as well. I love my slow collection of veg friends so I can snoop in their diary and get some ideas (:
  • harriet_89
    harriet_89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    veggie turning vegan here :)
  • LavenderUK
    Options
    Hi, yes I am vegetarian, I just joined the site
  • Scalvak
    Scalvak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 13 years, don't use leather, etc. and eat mostly vegan. Feel free to add me, if you like :)
  • LilyandO
    Options
    Ive been a vegetarian most of my life. Eat a lot of vegan too. Please add me on if you wish. Im new to MFP and would love to get tips/support/suggestions from new friends (esp. vegetarian friends) :)
  • BrijBee
    Options
    I eat mostly vegan food! :P I'm lactose intolerant, can't handle too much meat :/ and I'm just having a harder time mentally accepting it...but I do love fish :). Carb hints and help would be GREATLY appreciated here as well!
  • BrijBee
    Options
    I feel your pain girlie! I am having a seriously hard time cutting down on carbs. Please spread the carb hints :)
  • IeshaMonica
    Options
    Sorry for the slow reply guys :)
    Just started back at university and only just updated my food and exercise entries.

On the carbs I also eat alot but I now try to swap some carbs for pulses that are high in protein. The easiest thing I could recommend is just to exercise more to burn off the calories you get from the carbs. For instance I take my dog out for at least 90. Minutes a day, I love doing zumba and other dance games on my ps3 too. It's fun, you loose track of time and you burn a lot of calories.

:D.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. I also drink almond milk instead of cowcow milk :)
  • natm91
    natm91 Posts: 39
    Options
    veggie and have been for nearly 12 years so most of my life I struggle with my carbs as well but I wouldnt dream of changing my diet :) feel free to add me i could do with some friends and motivation on here :D
  • FabnFit2013
    FabnFit2013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    vegetarin tooo ....- feel free to add me...i use lot of lentils, beans , hummus etc for my protein.
    trying to reduce the carbs - work in progress
  • Charliegirl1974
    Charliegirl1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a veggie, have been for 30 years! How're you getting along with My Fitness pal?!
  • IeshaMonica
    Options
    I love it., only been on here for a week but it's great :)
    Nice to see soo many vegans and veggies on here too