Insanity Question

When starting out doing the Insanity DVDs, has anyone else experienced a lot of pain in their calf muscles? I did one workout back in October, and my calf muscles hurt so much that I couldn't walk right for almost a week. Fast forward past Christmas.... and I'm starting the DVDs again. I've made it through 2 of the workouts, but am experiencing the same pain. I made sure to put in extra time and stretches for my calf muscles, but they're still unbelievably sore. Am I the only one going through this?

Replies

• acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    You can stretch all day long but it won't keep lactic acid accumulation in your muscles from happening... Drink loooooots of fluids and keep an eye on your pee color (haha pale yellow = good, tea colored = i need dialysis from rhabdo). Feeling the burn is awesome and sometimes you have to work through the pain but if you literally can't walk it's time to modify your work out and work up to it, it doesn't mean you're lazy or undisciplined it means you want to take care of yourself so you can have a lifetime of fitness and workouts:)
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    That's probably exactly what my problem is. I hate drinking water and have to pretty much force myself to drink it. I barely make my 8 glasses day, and I guess with this program a lot more would be highly beneficial. Thanks :smile:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 638 Member
    YES.

I consider my legs my most toned and fit muscles on my body and my calves were unbelieveably sore! The other thing that was sore was my lower back!

This is completely normal though... just keep up with it !;)
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    My calves were very sore the first week. They have been fine since (today was day 16). My lower back too.
  • RippedRunner
    RippedRunner Posts: 13 Member
    also, if you are a shoe person, make sure that the lateral stability is good!
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    This makes me feel a bit better. I ride horses and run, and have always considered my leg muscles relatively strong. And here's Insanity practically crippling me! I'm glad I'm not alone in this!