Thoughts of quitting!!

Options
2»

Replies

• angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Loved your post and reading all of the replies. We all battle our own deomns daily. Those that will keep us overweight and unhealthy. May we all tell frank or George a thing or two when they start bringing us down! :laugh:
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the only thing that keeps me from quitting is reminding myself of every time in the past that I've kicked myself for not losing weight.

I remember putting on my cap and gown when I graduated with my Masters degree and thinking, "Ugh, you lazy butt. If you would have just got on it, you'd be skinny now!"

That same drama has played itself out over and over again in my life. And I'm fed up with it.

I don't want to look back in two years and think, "if you'd just stuck with it you'd be skinny now," ever again.

Omg, this is how I've been feeling every day lately! My husband says I obsess too much but I've been there/done that and I can't do it all over again!
    I am NOT going to look back two years from now and say "if you just stuck with it you'd be skinny now" ever again either!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Sometimes the only thing that keeps me from quitting is reminding myself of every time in the past that I've kicked myself for not losing weight.

Me too.
    When I see only a 500 gram loss in a month (about a pound) I get really discouraged, what's the point, etc etc.

Then I have to stop and think: If someone had have said to me, "in a year you will weigh 6kg less than you do now" I would have been YEAH! I've just gotta remember that it's all adding up. If all the times I quit last year because it wasn't fast enough I had have kept going, I'd be 6kg down today, not just 2!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Sounds like that was one productive walk!!

You're absolutely right, we're not in a race, we have a lifetime together to get this right and make our lifestyle change. Diets are quick, over and over and over and over again. lol That's why we're done with those right?:laugh: :tongue:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • darney
    darney Posts: 9
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet, its been 2 weeks since I started exercising at the gym, and day two with actually dieting.Exercise sucks when you first start, but then you start feeling different and it gets easier and you can do more. 2 weeks ago I was struggling to push my sons stroller up the hill by our house now I'm almost running up it. Good luck!
  • letherid
    letherid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! try measuring you will probably have more results there.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You all SOOO ROCK! :)

I think I'm going to start calling that voice in my head "Frank" too! Or maybe George. Something. Whatever sounds good after saying "Shut UP......Frank? George?" so that it can't win. :)

Or Goober? lol
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try to look at it as making yourself healthier and stronger. Losing weight is just a bonus.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    You all SOOO ROCK! :)

I think I'm going to start calling that voice in my head "Frank" too! Or maybe George. Something. Whatever sounds good after saying "Shut UP......Frank? George?" so that it can't win. :)

Or Goober? lol

Fred (as in, Drop Dead Fred
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    NO ONE else is going to do this for me. And all those people 'ahead' of me? 1)This isn't a race. 2) They started a long time before you did, or else they don't have as far to go. 3) They are many people who had further to go, and were able to do it.

Your doing an awesome job so far, and we have to start somewhere.
    I've thought of what you said many times. Nobody is going to do this for me, and this isn't a race.

Create mini goals, and you'll feel great when you hit them.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    You are worth it! You deserve to be healthy and confident. Keep going, girl. You will get there, and you will also enjoy the journey.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Everyone's journey is different and starts at different times. There are some people that are further along in their journey, and how wonderful that we have a site that we can learn from others and gain motivation and insight. Yes you too will provide that support. After my first week I wasn't making much progress, and I am one of those that loses very slow, but that's o.k., it's gonna happen, I am worth it, you are worth it and we can do it! Good luck! Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • debhayes
    debhayes Posts: 14
    Options
    The journey is so worth the effort. Don't do it for anyone but yourself because your are worth it. Do it for good health! Don't deprive yourself, make concious good choices, plan your meals and snacks and take some of the stress out of it. Don't go for fad diets. Eat fresh whole foods, lots of veggies, fruits, lean protein, high fiber foods that will satisfy and stay with you. Get into an exercise routine- a combination of strength training and arobics will help you acheive your goals. Good luck-you can do this! You will have days that you will be discouraged-but everyday is new. Hang in there!
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great thread!

On top of all the things every one has said, I would like to add:

Do not feel bad about wanting to quit. Of course we all want to quit. I think most of us on here would agree that we LOVE to eat bad food, and if there was a way to sit on the couch every night with a bag of chips and a pint of ice cream and still feel good and be slim, we would do it. Personally I miss my fish and chips, my dairy queen, my huge bowls of buttered popcorn. Food was my friend and I really truly miss it. But I also know it is not worth it to me anymore. It is not a good friend. It keeps me from doing the things I want to do, and from being healthy. So I acknowledge that I miss it, that some days I wish I could still eat it, and that it got me through some hard times when I needed it. But today I choose something different! Like breaking up with a bad boyfriend (or girlfriend), there are some things you miss but in the end you know you are better and stronger.

Just my 2 cents. One day at a time. All you have to do is make good choices TODAY. If you mess up a little, luckily tomorrow is another day.