I need opinions

Options
I feel like my body is happy at this weight even though I'm not....seriously considering stopping to fight my body even though I'm not at my ideal weight.... Opinions?

Replies

• justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel- I'm kind of in the same boat. I think if you're at a healthy weight, you could try living and strength training to tone and build muscle & lose fat vs just losing weight. That's what I've been trying to do lately. I'm not a gym fanatic though and I don't want to be someone who's obsessed w/ working out all the time, so finding a happy medium is important.

I read somewhere about the importance of finding a weight you can maintain long term vs getting down to the lowest weight possible. Hope this is of some help- good luck!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've been saying the same thing for 4 months, that I want to lose 5 more pounds but my body doesn't. I finally gave up a month ago. I've just been continuing making healthy eating choices, and continuing my exercise and stopped weighing and obsessing. It's been nice not tracking calories, I've continued to maintain, sometimes I drop a pound lower than my typical 134-137 fluctuations, sometimes a pound over, but I've been generally stuck at 135 for a long time now. I enjoy lifting, so I'm trying to just focus on body recomp.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    What's your BMI and body fat? Are you healthy?
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well fun fact is that you cant do a temporary plan and expect permanent results.