P90X - Best and Worst?

Options
For you, what are your best and worst workouts?

I love Kenpo, I always look forward to it! I hate Chest, Shoulder & Triceps, I always struggle with it and really hate that workout. It's getting better but I totally dread it!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did Chest, Shoulder & Triceps for the first time Tuesday night. It was crazy hard! :laugh: But I liked it because it makes the time go by fast. Yoga is good and gives me a workout but because of it's much slower pace makes the hour and a half CRAWL. So I would vote yoga as my least favorite. Plyo is fun - I like that one too :bigsmile:
  • cheermom614
    cheermom614 Posts: 97
    Options
    Ab Ripper! I'm never in the mood for that one! :)
  • monilark
    monilark Posts: 42
    Options
    My favorite is Ab Ripper. It is short and sweet, and I have had some visible change in the abs area, which makes me want to push harder. Least favorite? It's got to be Back and Biceps or Chest and Arms - anything with pull-ups, with push-ups being a close 2nd!
  • ta2dgela
    ta2dgela Posts: 3
    Options
    P90X would have to be by far the best thing that i've ever committed to. The muscle confusion is what makes it work so well. I love fact that its hardcore....it makes you sweat bullets....its nowhere near easy...not even the Yoga! But its all laid out so well. If you follow the right diet..and commit to the everyday workouts you will see results for sure. first month i went from a 13 down to 10! next month dropped to a size 8 and still dropping.

Chest and Back...KILLER! all about push ups...chin ups and pull ups!
    Plyometrics was the KILLER OF ALL P90X workouts! seriously....no joke!!!
    arms, triceps and biceps was fun...not too too hard and just enough to help you tone what needs to be toned....all depends on how hard you push yourself really.
    Yoga...great way of relaxing and working on your inner core and balance.....SUPER AWESOME WAY OF WORKING OUT!
    Kenpo...one of my all time favs...not too long..n not to short of a work out....and FUN FUN FUN! plus...you get to learn how to defend yourself. i love it!
    Core Synergistic and cardio X are a lil bit of everything mixed in.....
    and also..i love the ab ripper x. does WONDERS for you abs!!!! ive never had stronger abs in my entire life! seriously.

For anyone who's interested...i'd say..its not for you if you dont have a will and determination to stay on track with it...BUT if you're willing to deal with the first week of working your butt off.....and you want FAST and GUARANTEED results....THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!

BEACHBODIES.COM......do yourself a favor and check it out!!!
  • scweegie
    scweegie Posts: 59
    Options
    I dread doing yogaX everytime, in fact it is my workout today. Once it starts I am counting down the time to the 43 minute mark when "Last Vinyasa" comes across the screen.

I do like, core, cardio and kenpo. I think I just like cardio style workouts the best. I am doing the lean version, so there is no plyo, but I am sure I would like that as well.

As the previous poster said, this program is definetly for someone who should be dedicated.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Favorite is Core Kenpo and Plyo
    least fav is Yoga

I also like AbripperX.....oh wait I love them all except Yoga! LOL!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I really do not enjoy Kenpo. I like the yoga, but I had done a lot of it before, so it isn't out of the norm for me.

Here's the thing, the very first time I tried the Plyo workout, I got about halfway through and nearly passed out. Then, I puked. THEN, I had an exercise-induced migraine for the rest of the day (and more vomiting). Needless to say, PlyoX and I weren't friends.

Now I love it. It has gotten so doable and I feel so much fitter compared to where I started.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a split between Legs&Back and Plyometrics.

My least favorite is probably Core Synergistics, probably because I've always done Classic and do it so rarely. Maybe I should do Lean one of these days and change that, hehe.
  • srhatten
    srhatten Posts: 28
    Options
    I think I'm a core syn girl. I like that it works everything and i leave with dripping sweat! yoga is not my favorite by any means...i skip it..whoops. I'm on my 3rd week of Phase 3. I love p90x and it has been so motivating, but I feel like I'm not getting those "amazing" results. Does anyone know if it's after the 3rd phase that it really shows?? I have people tell me all the time the difference in me, I guess I just don't see it. I have gone from a 12 to 8-10 so I LOVE that part, just not seeing the amazing abs I have been working so desperately for. Any advice Xers????
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Kenpo and Legs & Back. There really aren't any I don't like.
  • MikeEstrada
    MikeEstrada Posts: 39
    Options
    For me I look foward to every workout. My favorite has to be Plyometrics. It's a good challenge.I don't have a worst, luv um all !!:bigsmile:
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Did you take some before pictures? I'm not noticing a lot of changes either (day 45....wow! half way!) but I hope when I compare pictures at the end that I will!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I really really want to try this. Thing is I live on the third floor of an apartment and the people downstairs already hate me for walking heavy (yea a 130 lb 5foot2 chick) ###@$@% .

Are there any work outs on this P90x that won't piss off the neigbours ?
  • srhatten
    srhatten Posts: 28
    Options
    yeah I took my before and half way. Im curious to see my 90th day!!